Custom Map #768: A Tragedy Forgotten Part 1

Started by AutoPost, January 30, 2012, 08:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

I did not say it was easy (and still it isn't). Only said it is not hard (mayby '(not) hard' means something different to you) or I may just haven't seen those 'hard' fields. I hope you can show me/us part 4 soon.

Nate Dog

Well after completing the map the first time around, I replayed it and cut off about 20 minutes. I guess my first time was bad and my second was okay, but still a very fun play the second time around! I really can't wait to see the other levels.

fitz

I now accept this is a good map. First run through I blasted my way through the 1500m creeper to get into the cave and as a result thought it was poor. I was wrong, it is the product of genii (or geniuses if you want to be pedantic) coming from a great pedigree.

Oh and btw I also took nearly 20 minutes off my time by breaking into the cave early.

Roy30

Err... am I screwed here, did I do something out of order?

Spoiler
[close]

Ebon Heart

Quote from: fitz on January 31, 2012, 04:08:21 PM
I now accept this is a good map. First run through I blasted my way through the 1500m creeper to get into the cave and as a result thought it was poor. I was wrong, it is the product of genii (or geniuses if you want to be pedantic) coming from a great pedigree.

Oh and btw I also took nearly 20 minutes off my time by breaking into the cave early.
Hah, I thought the 1500M creeper there would be enough deterrent to get people to NOT do that...
Quote from: Roy30 on January 31, 2012, 04:20:05 PM

Spoiler
[close]
You're doing fine. Notice that the terrain by the drone is starting to decay. :P It'll be out to play soon.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

J

Quote from: Roy30 on January 31, 2012, 04:20:05 PM

Spoiler
[close]
You should use backspace to take a screenshot. You could build 2 micro rifts and disable them when a drone moves to it (when it's close) and activate them when they try to move to the other MR (disable that MR and they will go back to the first when reaching the disabled MR). While doing this your blasters could shoot at them. But I think you could beat those drones without that trick (If one slips through you have enough AC and reactors (to build extra blasters) to beat them).

And btw, welcome to the community!

Nate Dog

Quote from: Ebon Heart on January 31, 2012, 04:34:07 PM
Quote from: fitz on January 31, 2012, 04:08:21 PM

Hah, I thought the 1500M creeper there would be enough deterrent to get people to NOT do that...

You would think so Ebon, but that's the same thing that happened to me. I figured the AC was going to be useful in the cave below instead of for that block. But that's more my bad thinking and not a bad map design :P

Ebon Heart

lol. I'll post a guide here later today. First, though... I promised to pwn the creeper god.

Roy30

Yeah, this is really a great map, just took a bit of thinking to figure out exactly the way I was supposed to approach it ;)

SmileyCoder

I have read your buildup in your previous forum topic about your series. That gave me pretty high expectations. To those high expectations I added the experience that comes from playing your (PeterPower & Ebon Heart) maps.

That brings me to very high expectations. Throughout today, I followed this topic and read all the good reviews which added to those expectations for the map.

You see the problem now was that I had extremely high expectations, so high that they couldn't possibly be fullfilled.

Now you took my expectations and proved me wrong. This is an incredible piece of work. A real masterpiece.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: SmileyCoder on January 31, 2012, 05:05:03 PM
I have read your buildup in your previous forum topic about your series. That gave me pretty high expectations. To those high expectations I added the experience that comes from playing your (PeterPower & Ebon Heart) maps.

That brings me to very high expectations. Throughout today, I followed this topic and read all the good reviews which added to those expectations for the map.

You see the problem now was that I had extremely high expectations, so high that they couldn't possibly be fullfilled.

Now you took my expectations and proved me wrong. This is an incredible piece of work. A real masterpiece.
Yeah, there's just one problem now. We have to meet those same incredibly high expectations, 4 more times throughout this series. Not to mention the expectations added on by each map like this we submit. We set the bar incredibly high for ourselves already with the first mission.

2b3o4o

Did I really forget the plot?! There are just to many good things about this map to list!
Well, the plot excelled in many ways, I must admit the romance at the beginning (and the end)enthralled
me, and calling repulsors heat beams? Genius! The wizard also seemed very wizardey. :P

PeterPower

It is great to see so much interest in this map. But, on the other hand my "Dagon" series is unofficially discontinued because of the interest. :) I'd imagine Ebon_Heart's First Encounter's series is also on hold now. But, enough talking, I'd better get back to making those Lv2 tiles before he finds out I'm slacking off. (oh no, not the whip again! I'm working, I promise!)  :D

Michionlion

Quote from: Ebon Heart on January 30, 2012, 08:04:29 PM
Also, to add just a little more awesomeness to this map, put on this song before eries. playing. http://www.yourepeat.com/watch?v=EptSSXNHIfg Mute cw2 music, of course. Have fun!

You are a Two Steps From Hell fan too!?  AWESOME!!  (love that song so much.  I've even though of doing a cw2 trailer with that.  Would be EPIC.)  btw, just starting to play.  I'll see what my impression is afterwards.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Michionlion on January 31, 2012, 07:49:56 PM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on January 30, 2012, 08:04:29 PM
Also, to add just a little more awesomeness to this map, put on this song before eries. playing. http://www.yourepeat.com/watch?v=EptSSXNHIfg Mute cw2 music, of course. Have fun!

You are a Two Steps From Hell fan too!?  AWESOME!!  (love that song so much.  I've even though of doing a cw2 trailer with that.  Would be EPIC.)  btw, just starting to play.  I'll see what my impression is afterwards.
I'm a fan now. lmao. I'd actually never heard of them before this. After about an hour of searching through music on youtube, I found "dragon rider" by them, and thought it fit the first map perfectly. After that, I picked the rest of the music from them, and related bands based on what went with the maps.