Custom Map #195: Liberation Pinball

Started by AutoPost, September 13, 2011, 02:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

I'm bound determined to have one of the first scores. I think I know how to do it.... I just don't have the time. Tomorrow night... I will have a score. I will promise you this.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

UpperKEES

Quote from: RichieRich on September 14, 2011, 04:53:21 AM
Wow  ;D  What a seriously cool construct.

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 14, 2011, 05:28:05 AM
The long wait is over!
Fantastic concept, graphics, and game play...but I'll be working this one for a good long while.
Thanks UK.

Thanks guys. :) Enjoy!

There's more to come in the near future. I have a few concepts in mind, plus a series.

Also, I have to finish my last CW1 map, which should coincide with the release of CW: User Space. (Yes, I do try to keep up with Virgil's schedule. ;))
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

UpperKEES

Quote from: Fisherck on September 14, 2011, 08:55:02 AM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 14, 2011, 07:14:48 AM
KEES, I think you made your map too hard. 200+ downloads, 27 comments, and 1 score. Lmao. If I ever get it, I'll record my attempt. I think I'll have to test it when I have time and figure out where it's safe to build.
They'll come in. This is a big map. :)

Exactly. This map aims for players who don't mind trying for a few hours or even days. That's what I like myself. :) I just don't enjoy creating rather easy maps, but my next one will be of medium difficulty (to my standards of course ;D).

I'm not bothered by players who give up after 2 tries; this just isn't a map for people looking for a quick game.  I don't mind if this map only gets 10 scores over the next year. Those will be from players who really earned it and showed they like to think while fighting. :)

I bet Kithros is waiting for that new patch to get released (it's in beta now), so he can reload his saved game without problems. Looking forward to his score.

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 14, 2011, 12:12:52 PM
Kees don't play around when it comes to map-making - only first class projects.
You do have to be better than the average bear at playing CW to beat them - or do what I do and wait for the hints.

Yeah, just wait for the hints if you really got stuck. I'll post the first ones on Friday.

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 14, 2011, 12:12:52 PM
In the mean time, I just keep firing this thing up and watching that damn ball bounce around.

I have to admit that I still like watching it myself as well.  8)

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 14, 2011, 03:24:19 PM
I'm bound determined to have one of the first scores. I think I know how to do it.... I just don't have the time. Tomorrow night... I will have a score. I will promise you this.

Alrighty then! :D

Ebon Heart

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 14, 2011, 04:00:34 PM
I have to admit that I still like watching it myself as well.  8)
PINGPINGPINGBOINGPINGPINGWERRRWERRRWERRRDUNDUNDUN lol. I'm just watching the map, making pinball effects in my head (I hope) But then again, my family's staring at me kinda funny... lmao. That stupid ball moves so fast... are you supposed to be able to kill it before it plops down in the center? Also, I presume i should try to go up right away and grab some crystals? yes/no/maybe?

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 14, 2011, 04:06:17 PM
PINGPINGPINGBOINGPINGPINGWERRRWERRRWERRRDUNDUNDUN lol. I'm just watching the map, making pinball effects in my head (I hope) But then again, my family's staring at me kinda funny... lmao.

:P

That stupid ball moves so fast... are you supposed to be able to kill it before it plops down in the center?

You might, but I don't expect you to....

Also, I presume i should try to go up right away and grab some crystals?

yes/no/maybe?

Ebon Heart

alright, thank you. I'll make a serious attempt tomorrow. I got on my dad's laptop for a sec to look at it and try to see what I could figure out. Gives me something more interesting to think about while working on homework. :P

UpperKEES

Try to save your game every minute, so you can always fall back to a position that you were satisfied with. This will prevent you from having to go over a rather boring start each time.

DethbyIT

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 14, 2011, 04:21:04 PM
Try to save your game every minute, ...

The 'Save' function is one of the greatest improvements Virgil made with CW2.
If we had that in the old days, I may have been able to finish that one about the horses.
:)

UpperKEES

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 14, 2011, 04:32:10 PM
If we had that in the old days, I may have been able to finish that one about the horses.

Yeah, and I would surely have replayed some maps more times. I just can't get myself to replaying my own maps again to get a few #1 positions back.

Ebon Heart

Ahh! Why did you change Your avatar to the scary pinball?? Lol.

NNR_Alex

Glad to see you're still around KEES, and you hit the floor running with this one it seems.  I haven't been playing CW1 or 2 all that much but I look forward to seeing how some of the best CW players tackle this map and who can finally beat it.

MadMurphy

I think knowing the order to get things would help a lot.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: MadMurphy on September 14, 2011, 11:07:53 PM
+2 (my imaginary friend thinks this is a good idea too) lol.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 14, 2011, 06:27:58 PM
Ahh! Why did you change Your avatar to the scary pinball?? Lol.

Just a kind of temporary advertisement. ;)

Quote from: NNR_Alex on September 14, 2011, 09:32:41 PM
Glad to see you're still around KEES, and you hit the floor running with this one it seems.  I haven't been playing CW1 or 2 all that much but I look forward to seeing how some of the best CW players tackle this map and who can finally beat it.

Hey Alexander! That's been a while, nice to see you around as well! :)

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 14, 2011, 11:08:50 PM
Quote from: MadMurphy on September 14, 2011, 11:07:53 PM
+2 (my imaginary friend thinks this is a good idea too) lol.

There's no predetermined order, but of course there will always be a best approach (that I don't even know myself yet).

Let me tell you how I start:

Spoiler
1. Regarding order: you've probably noticed that 3 chambers will free themselves because of decaying terrain. You could time these, write the times down and take appropriate action (especially to prevent the capsules from getting destroyed). The same goes later on for the chambers freed by enemy dig packets.
[close]

Spoiler
2. With my initial 20 units of energy I obtain 4 red gems. With this energy I obtain the remaining 8 red gems.
[close]

Spoiler
3. See tip 1 given by Pesky Pinball.
[close]

Spoiler
4. Just a few blasters at strategic positions will help a lot against the drones (that have only 1 health during the first 5 minutes of gameplay, so 1 blaster shot is enough to kill them).
[close]

FR-seratna

Really made ​​a map for the Experts.
I tried everything.

1. I started with the minerals from the top, and then the reactor and construiction blaster but after six, seven minutes there is too much creeper and drone, and the capsules eventually be destroyed.

2.I Started by minerals always have some ressoucre and then I focused on the techs, especially ore rig to fetch nullifiers, so also for nanaships up my reserve of ore in order to extract ore 250. but I lost too much time and the first capsule eventually be destroyed.

3.I Started by me focused on the shield but I have totally failed to get the shields, too much energy wasted.

4.I Started by recovering the ore and then I try and recovered the two cubes in the middle of pinball but to no avail.

I do not know quite what to try to succeed but I love it, I think I even dream that night.