Started by AutoPost, May 27, 2012, 12:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1138: Creeper Mania

Author: PhilippeSu

Desc:
Are you ready?

Karsten75

The 100-health emitters - five of them, is just insane. It serves no purpose whatsoever. Building 500 nullifiers isn't my idea of fun. The player can generate enough anti-creeper to simply drown the emitters, so no weapons needed while diverting all energy to destroying the emitters. Make sure to save some of the supplied crystal energy so that more than 60 energy can be used since it will be available.

JmfR

I agree the emitter health was a bit rough

Nate Dog

While I do think 100 was kind of ridiculous, I imagine the point was to give us an exercise in energy management.

teknotiss

i messed up and used all my crystal energy  :-[
still thought this was a good map though, and worth replaying to see if i can hold it together enough to keep some crystal back next time  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Fun game - really makes you watch your assets, though.

Sure don't understand the complaint about the health of the Emitters.
It would seem to be pretty basic to check things like that at the start - and quit if you don't like it.

Nate Dog

Quote from: Helper on May 27, 2012, 04:35:34 PM
Sure don't understand the complaint about the health of the Emitters.
It would seem to be pretty basic to check things like that at the start - and quit if you don't like it.

It's not so much that it messed us up. 2-5 health is "whoops, I forgot to check that." 100 health is just "I've got this completely under control, and I'm STILL here setting up nullifiers." If you can kill an emitter with 10 health, you can kill one with 100, there's just no need for the extra 90 health.

Helper

Quote from: Nate Dog on May 27, 2012, 07:27:15 PM
100 health is just "I've got this completely under control, and I'm STILL here setting up nullifiers."

I agree with that LOL!

The Blasters would occasionally fire off a shot, but it was mostly just sitting there keeping track of how many more of those Nullifiers I had left to build. Not a whole bunch of fun there at the end.

Would have much preferred a '5' (or so) health and finished up in about half the time.

teknotiss

turns out i can't hold it together enough to keep crystal energy ::)
ah well  :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

I ended up with "1" stinking Gem point at the end - and even that took several re-loads back to a Save point.

Not sure why that was so hard to keep track of (FOCUS!), but I was determined to finish the darn thing.

teknotiss

personally i always run out cos i forget to not overbuild when i've paused.
and then i find i haven't saved for AGES!
ah well  ::)