Helper

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Helper on September 05, 2012, 12:15:48 PM
1:46

1:42

I win.

(does sad little victory 'dance')

My round, what'll you guys have?

Seriously, tek - nice map, but I can't imagine that you intended it to be beaten so quickly.

Ya wanna tweek it a bit and let us loose on it again?

Just checking in case I've got the wrong end of the stick, we are talking about teks20 Creeper Leaker, yes?

Love the psychedelic backdrop man, think I'm gonna go stare at my lava lamp for a bit. You guys hungry?!

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

teknotiss

i'm guessing you dudes just grabbed stuff Cbomb and shield the emitters then kill and win?
that was not how it was supposed to go.
what did i do wrong?
i think i need to up that crystals cost don't i? perhaps bury it? or do we not need it?
hmm back to the testing then.
harsh...  :(
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Cavemaniac

Quote from: teknotiss on September 06, 2012, 11:35:43 AM
i'm guessing you dudes just grabbed stuff Cbomb and shield the emitters then kill and win?
that was not how it was supposed to go.
what did i do wrong?
i think i need to up that crystals cost don't i? perhaps bury it? or do we not need it?
hmm back to the testing then.
harsh...  :(

The single biggest thing that allowed me to gain a foothold was simply dropping a shield over the creeper right at the start to contain it. With it contained, there was no danger from that point.

Then we just grabbed the crystal (didn't need it, but it was nice to have!) and the c-bomb tech, then built c-bombs, blew the contained creeper, put a shield in the resulting AC right next to the emitter to hold back the creeper, then popped them with nullifiers.

Oh, and then blew the shield to let the AC back through to the creeper the emitter had produced.

Needed to build a few extra shields as the first ones wore out.

Oh yeah - and destroyed the pre-placed tech domes and ore miners to save power as they weren't needed!

Beautiful map, loads of potential, pity we took a shortcut to the end - but I am something of a speed monkey!

Modify it a bit and let us have another go with it!

CM

teknotiss

will do, preplaced creeper for a start!  ;)
can't believe i missed that one! ???
oops!
back at you soon with the fixed version  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

teknotiss

ok let's try this version then, no shields and preplace creeper, WAY less rescource (what was i thinking ??? ) and loads of free (contained) AC.
i think this is much better and will be easier to expand into new harder versions  ;D

SmileyCoder

Quote from: teknotiss on September 06, 2012, 05:52:31 PM
ok let's try this version then, no shields and preplace creeper, WAY less rescource (what was i thinking ??? ) and loads of free (contained) AC.
i think this is much better and will be easier to expand into new harder versions  ;D

I am not too font of the fancy background, but otherwise its an ok map.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

teknotiss

cheers dude! sorry about the background but i like psychedelic pictures.

Helper

Excellent!
7:20 - and lucky to escape with my <ahem> intact.

teknotiss

cool, i'll sub it tmmw then i think. cheers dudes!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: teknotiss on September 06, 2012, 08:16:15 PM
cool, i'll sub it tmmw then i think. cheers dudes!

Then my work here is done.

(cracks knuckles, walks off with a smug, vaguely superior look on his face. Git.)

teknotiss

feel free to sub a score if you like, but yes you did complete the work required!  8)
i still can't believe i made the first version so easy, perhaps the typo's were a subconcious way for my brain to tell me it needed some more work  ;)