Severe bug relating to survival pods

Started by Timwi, March 29, 2010, 07:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timwi

Steps to reproduce this bug:

1) Connect to a survival pod just in time before the creeper hits it. The survival pod will pulsate in size for a short while. Time it in such a way that the creeper hits the pod while it is doing this pulsing. Although the survival pod visibly explodes, the game will let you continue playing.
2) Complete the map successfully.

Expected behaviour:

Victory. Game allows score to be submitted.

Actual behaviour:

Message "SURVIVAL POD DESTROYED!" appears in place of final score (potentially hours after the survival pod exploded). Game does not allow score to be submitted.

djcian

my guess is that you technically get the pod before it is destroyed and so you don't end up losing then and there yet it gets destroyed so it does not count towards the # of pods you rescued.  then in the end of the game when it rechecks to see if all of the survival pods have been taken care of it notices that one is missing and it gives you the message that you did not save a pod and you lose.  of course only Virgil knows exactly what happened.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

GVS

Hey hey hey, if u click on the link below good things will happen for me (and maybe you too but who cares anyway) So click on it!

(^^^) shark

http://www.omgpop.com/?r=zpfy