Started by AutoPost, March 15, 2019, 02:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7194: IceCSM-3

Author: Kinglion2
Size: 144x144

Desc:

Loren Pechtel

Tricky start!  You have to block all the right spaces or you get overrun.

toolforger

I didn't find starting that difficult - it seemed pretty obvious to me that you'd need to make sure that your lone emitter shouldn't tackle more at a time than it can handle.
I can't seem to get through the yellow gate though. Either I'm stupidly missing something glaringly obvious.
Right now, I'm wondering whether I should go for filling my island to 400 and then (hopefully) be able to close some yellow exists, or maybe I have enough power to reduce the yellow network and it just takes time - but given that blue is already at 700 and too near to a yellow gate, I doubt that either strategy will work.

GoodMorning

For a slow-and-steady progress, you don't need a anything fancy ... just block the gate, terp a wall around it to height 9, and then move the blocker forward.

Edit:
Oops ... I though I was looking at the thread for a different map. Sorry.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

toolforger

Problem is I don't find a place where to move the blocker. I can't progress through the resting places for blockers/keys because I can't terp them down, I can't make use of the teal emitter to the east because the red gate is spawning more creep than the teal emitter produces even when frenzied, and I'm not sure that I can move north (seems like moving to space requires more than the usual 500, even a double Singularity wouldn't pull the AC over space).

UPDATE: The yellow gate is now filled to 800 and has started overflowing the 9 wall. Not sure what I can do against this, I need the blocker to keep the the destination island from filling up to >1000 levels.

UPDATE 2: Seems you have to get both factories cleared. (Now I have having to restart just to correct a mistake.)

yum-forum

Can you attach screenshot (better saved file) of your recent position and I will try to help you.  :)

P.S. Hope that somebody will create video because this map not need using of singularity weapon.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

toolforger

I'm good. I just didn't know I need to quickly clear the second factory as well.

yum-forum

Additional R-Factory always helpful.

Good lu!  :)
last

Taishan

I thought this was a fun map but I'm a little hesitant to spoil it by making a video on how to get a score below 12 minutes without singularity weapon :P

yum-forum

Do not hesitate!  :D
Everybody can decide to watch video immediately or a little later...
last

D0m0nik

Really enjoying these maps.

Congrats Taishan on another Number 1 score!
Shame about the 1/3 idiots posting fake scores.  >:(

DontGoToFairbanks

OK, I'm missing something big time. After securing the initial area and terping a wall around the yellow tube I can't bridge to other areas. How the heck do you get over those walls?

yum-forum

By my opinion game is not so hard.

Can you attach screenshot (better saved file) of your recent position and I will try to help you.  :)
last

Taishan

Okay, here it is. A longer than average video on how to do this map in a shorter than average time.

edit: and thanks D0m0nik. Yeah, the fake scores are annoying.

Blackbird_71

Wow, i wasn't able to take that blue network until late game, nicely done!