no history for creeperworld2

Started by garytwisted, January 15, 2012, 09:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

I was hopeful I would see a problem....
But I can load this save game, let it finish, etc....and my gamedata.dat isn't affected adversely.

I tried several times, but no issue.

Email me you gameData.dat, keyData.dat, and gameState.dat files to support@knucklecracker.com.  This will let me recreate an environment even closer to yours.  Also, I assume you have checked, but make sure you are running the latest version of CW2 (version 0439).

Karsten75

OK, just so everybody know. There is no need to disable any security product or any other application.  We've just identified a bug in the game that strikes if your gameData.dat file grows to a very large size (64Kb).  At that time it will appear that you have lost the file and the game will start with initial defaults (and no history of previous games).

Virgil is on it and a fix will be forthcoming "in due time."  Until then, there isn't much you can do except to go to your %appdata%\CreeperWorld2\ folder and make a manual backup copy of gamedata.dat so you don't lose all  the unlocked games (story, bonus, etc.) when your file is lost.

mthw2vc

This seems suspiciously similar to the bug found in beta whereby save files would self-destruct if they got larger than 64k...

Karsten75

I don't recall us finding/reporting that, but it might well be the very same one.

knucracker

I knew this felt familiar....
Note that if your gamedata.dat isn't anywhere near 64k in size, you don't have anything to worry about.  This will be the case for the vast majority of players. 

I'll whip up a fix tomorrow and run it through a quick beta test so we can get this fixed up.

mthw2vc

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 22, 2012, 10:41:59 PM
I don't recall us finding/reporting that, but it might well be the very same one.
This was reported in the discussion for 0153.

Karsten75

There is now a fix out for losing your history.  See the link here: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=9926

(e)

I had the same thing happen when I closed CW2 before it had finished submitting the score. I did notice that scores were still on the website...

(e)