To many downloads?!

Started by Fisherck, November 05, 2010, 09:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherck

Quote from: Kharnellius on November 19, 2010, 09:49:20 AM
I think the more important question about that screenshot is:

Why do you have a Google AND Bing toolbar installed when neither is even needed since you already have the Google search box built in at the upper right corner of the screen?

Holy lack of vertical space Batman!!!

(I'm so anal about it, I even moved my start menu bar to the left side of the screen, lol.
This is my 11" Screen at 1280x768)

;D. That gave me a bit of a laugh.

I do not have bing anymore, in fact I have gotten rid of it a couple times. But after a few weeks it pops back up again. But I just delete it again. :P It is a good idea to put your start screen on the side and not the bottom.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Kamron3

Why do you have a Google AND Bing toolbar installed when neither is even needed since you already have the Google search box built in at the upper right corner of the screen?

(I'm so anal about it, I even moved my start menu bar to the left side of the screen, lol.
I have 1366x768, the vertical space is next to nothing, TBH. I've experimented w/ left-side toolbar/right-side toolbars for a bit, but they never end up working because I like to switch between windows a lot and my cursor automatically moves down, instead of left/right, to get to the bar...

UpperKEES

Put your monitor on its side and use a screen driver that is able to rotate your display 90 degrees back. ;)

Desktop publishers often work with these kind of screens (at least I know they did in the past; Apple used to manufacture rotatable monitors and they probably still do).

I never liked wide screen to be honest. I still have a huge 4:3 tv at home....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kamron3

Quote from: UpperKEES on November 19, 2010, 10:00:40 PM
Put your monitor on its side and use a screen driver that is able to rotate your display 90 degrees back. ;)

Desktop publishers often work with these kind of screens (at least I know they did in the past; Apple used to manufacture rotatable monitors and they probably still do).

I'll also have fun typing on a sideways laptop too... :P

I <3 widescreen when there's enough vertical space to boot.

Also... why don't you have seat right over there.... in the chat...

Kharnellius

Quote from: Echo51 on November 19, 2010, 10:47:01 AM
11"? just get a bigger screen man :P

Lol, I think you missed the point. :P

Kharnellius

Quote from: JSCG Gaara on November 19, 2010, 09:42:47 PM

I have 1366x768, the vertical space is next to nothing, TBH. I've experimented w/ left-side toolbar/right-side toolbars for a bit, but they never end up working because I like to switch between windows a lot and my cursor automatically moves down, instead of left/right, to get to the bar...

Agreed.  I had to force myself to keep it that way for a while.  It just took getting used to.  Now I don't even notice it unless I am using a different computer.

ontheworld

Quote from: UpperKEES on November 19, 2010, 10:00:40 PM

Remembers me of when one of our classmates found a button that allowed screen rotation at school, they left them all sideways/ upside down XD