Help convince parents

Started by Lindsay Lohan, August 22, 2010, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindsay Lohan

My mom does not another computer game that I won't play. I told her w have the specs, I have $9.95, replay value is high w/ custom maps, is a puzzle game and still, she won't let me buy it. Any help guys? Creeper world is very cool and the full version would be even cooler.

Karsten75

Maybe your mom is right and you should finish rehab first? :)

There is nothing we can do, since your Mom believe you won't play the game.

You can show her that you have played the online version at Kongregate, the training sim and that if you purchase the game you get 55 built-in maps and almost 3,000 more custom maps, plus you get to make maps and hang out with cool guys who live in their Moms' basements. I'm sure that will convince your mom.

Other than that, keep nagging. Eventually she'll get mad and get you the game! Complain every time you switch your computer on.

Blaze

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 22, 2010, 10:24:08 PM
and hang out with cool guys who live in their Moms' basements. I'm sure that will convince your mom.

Like me! *PS3 is in the basement*
:D Tell her if you don't play it, you will pay her back, if that doesn't work, say double.
Just follow through and play it though.

Echo51

Wait till your 16 or whatever, and get your own Visa Electron or so :P
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Pyxis_GeeK

Instead of just asking for the money show your mom that you really want the game by doing some things around the house: wash dishes, do some laundry take out the trash. If she sees that your willing to do some things around the house to help she will possibly be more inclined to spend the 10 bucks to get CW.

Also it wouldnt hurt to do some of those things even when you dont want something. :D

Lindsay Lohan

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on August 23, 2010, 09:35:33 AM
Instead of just asking for the money show your mom that you really want the game by doing some things around the house: wash dishes, do some laundry take out the trash. If she sees that your willing to do some things around the house to help she will possibly be more inclined to spend the 10 bucks to get CW.

Also it wouldnt hurt to do some of those things even when you dont want something. :D
Yeah, but the thing is that I have the cash to do so, but she will not want me using her debit/credit card to put money in PayPal or an "untrusted" company (btw I do trust in virgil keeping his word).

Pyxis_GeeK

Got any uncles or aunts that will let you use there credit/debit card? How about an older friend?

Karsten75

Quote from: Lindsay Lohan on August 23, 2010, 02:41:56 PM
Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on August 23, 2010, 09:35:33 AM

Yeah, but the thing is that I have the cash to do so, but she will not want me using her debit/credit card to put money in PayPal or an "untrusted" company (btw I do trust in virgil keeping his word).

Ask your mom to help you buy a "disposable" credit card at any supermarket or other place that sells gift cards - you can get Visa and Master Card ones. Then use that, so your Mom does not have to "risk" her credit card.

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 23, 2010, 04:14:38 PM

Ask your mom to help you buy a "disposable" credit card at any supermarket or other place that sells gift cards - you can get Visa and Master Card ones. Then use that, so your Mom does not have to "risk" her credit card.

Excellent suggestion Karsten. That should solve the problem.

Lindsay Lohan

Wish me luck. Gonna ask my mom. I'll report back

Kamron3

You should probably wait until you are out of rehab before begging your parents to buy you computer games.

The smoking revolver

GET IT NOW

with over 3.6 million cronom maps
There is always a I in team

Shroom Agent 27

Quote from: The smoking revolver on September 21, 2010, 09:36:15 PM
GET IT NOW

with over 3.6 million cronom maps
Yes, lets revive a dead topic. And yes, you should get it.

Aurzel

technically the topic isnt dead, it hasnt been over a month yet :P

Michionlion

so are you guys just buging people who didn't look at the date and wanted to say something?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!