Main Menu

Keyboards

Started by Grauniad, January 06, 2014, 04:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Mine was shipped via pack mule and has just departed California with an estimated deliver on the 14th.

Grauniad

ha ha ha I did offer you a Shoprunner referral... :P
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Grauniad

On a lighter note, NeweggFlash has this bamboo keyboard. Hurry, since it's a limited time deal at $60.

knucracker

My keyboard arrived on Saturday 'ahead' of schedule actually.
It's ok.  I can use it.  That isn't much of a glowing endorsement, but for keyboards these days it is about as good as it gets.

The buttons all around the edges are probably nice, but I won't ever  program them for anything.  I use the calc button on my current keyboard, that's all.  Unfortunately they put it on the left side of the keyboard rather than over the number pad on this new keyboard.  That's just a case of not thinking things through on their part.

The biggest complaint I have about it is the emblem at the bottom on the wrist rest.  My palm has to rest there, so the indentation and different textures are not welcome.  I guess it looks pretty, but right where you put your wrist/palm?  Come on....

My second biggest complaint is the relocated backslash, the enlarges enter key, and the small backspace.  I use backspace a LOT.  I even use backslash from time to time.

The nicest thing about the keyboard?  The price was excellent and for a non mechanical keyboard the key feel is ok.

Grauniad

I found the WASD keys were really soggy. I'm on the verge to replace it with the old MS ergonomic one again.

Grauniad

This is an outlier - either a pinnacle, the apex or the nadir of keyboard design.  The NZXT limited-edition Ducky 3 keyboard.  The video alone makes it worth watching.

https://store.nzxt.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KB-SHINE

DarthVader12

I use this keyboard for gaming:

I like it because of the multimedia volume buttons and there is a space in between each key that helps me from misclicking in game.

Grauniad

Today until 2/6/2014, Newegg has a 20% off deal (with promo code EMCPWGW84) on Rosewill mechanical keyboards. That's pretty sweet.

If I was Virgil, I'd kick that Sharkoon to the curb  (or at least to a 2nd tier PC) and get one of these sweet babies.

Incidentally, I believe there is a very close relationship between Rosewil and Newegg. I don't recall now, but I think it may be that Rosewil is a manufacturing label for Newegg - or something like that.

Grayzzur

Pay attention to the key layout. I see one of those with the backslash up between + and backspace, instead of to the right of ].

Yes, I believe Rosewill is Newegg's peripheral brand name.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

MadMag

I still use and love my old G19 (With color LCD screen witch I use a lot)

Clean0nion

I can guarantee you all that my keyboard is far better than all of yours combined - after all, it cost me £250, and that's how logic works, right?
Spoiler
[close]

Karsten75

Spring break project:

knucracker

Don't think we've mentioned this one yet:
http://codekeyboards.com/

Asbestos

Pfft. I only use the on-screen keyboard. It's probably better than any of yours. It's so ergonomic you don't even have to touch it directly, and it's aligned with the screen so much that it actually is on the screen.