Unable to submit map.

Started by SmileyCoder, December 14, 2011, 06:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyCoder

So im trying to submit a map. I keep getting an error message saying that I need to export the map from the map editor. Maybe I am just blind but I can't find a export map button.

I also get told that the file must end with .cw2 extension, however the file allready ends with a cw2 extionsion...

Am I doing something wrong or has the server hamster gone awol?
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

SmileyCoder

Ok after a bit of testing I decided to try and upload it from the root, instead of the folder it was residing in.

So copying my map to:
c:\StairWayToHeaven.cw2
I was able to upload it.

When the path was:
C:\Documents and Settings\aec.OSS.000\Desktop\CW2 Test\MyOwn\StairWayToHeaven.cw2
I got the error message mentioned above.

Im guessing its the periods in the folder name causing grief.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

knucracker

Yeah, the javascript on the upload page looks for the first "." and then expects to find cw2 after it.  So the dots in the directory name were confusing it.

Lysander

Hi, I'm also having problems. I thought there's no point starting another thread.

Anyways, I submitted one map (Starfall 2: On the run), but I'm having problems submitting part one.
I'm not even getting any errors one the upload page.
Tried submitting from different directories, and still nothing. The map is in the attachment.

edit: to clarify, actually I'm not getting ANYTHING on the upload page. Just the KC site header and footer.

knucracker

This map has a character in the story text that causes the php parser to reject it.  The game and the editor handle it just fine....  but ascii char 19 is being rejected by the server side script.

Did you by chance happen to write the text for the survival pod is some external editor, then copy/paste the text into the editors text field?  If so, whatever editor you used may have thought that ascii char 19 (0x13 in hex) was good for something.

Unfortunately, there is no easy fix for this other than to edit the text of the map, resubmit a new score, and upload it again.  The offending character is located immediately after the period on the following sentence of the survival pod (message #5):

"... of the Galactic Federation Starfleet."  In the editor text box it shows up and a funny looking double line character.  Delete that, save the map out, and you should be good.

Lysander

Thanks so much for your help! :)

I have no idea how this happened.
I'm pretty sure I typed everything in the CW editor. My first guess was that I accidentaly typed one of the local characters (I'm from Poland and we have a few extra characters in the alphabet), and later it got lost in translation to ASCII.
But I just did a quick test with every local character on my keyboard, and none of them gets converted after saving.
So I guess I'll never know how that 0x13 critter got there.

Thanks again!