Custom Map #7670: FGR-01 Figueiri 1 - Save the planet!. By: DeSangre

Started by AutoPost, August 20, 2019, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7670: FGR-01 Figueiri 1 - Save the planet!

Author: DeSangre
Size: 84x84

Desc:
This is the beginning of the Figueiri Saga: your planet is under attack, and you have to defend it. ---- The map features dynamic events and there's quite a bit of CRPL. It's not an easy map, but there are many paths to victory. Feel free to save once you feel you have your base well established and be ready to restart if things don't go too well. Feel free to contact me on Discord to discuss it :)

anurag

DeSangre

Hey anurag,
thanks for playing the map and leaving some feedback about it :)

Also, regarding this map, I wanted to talk about an interesting statistic.
So currently the map has a rating of 7.15 or something like that.
An old version of the map, actually got a much higher rating :D (like 8.2).
Now of course different people will of course give a different rating, and the 2 maps aren't really incredibly different, but I would go to the extent of saying that the new version is almost objectively better (more interesting scripts, more balanced start with Aether packs), etc
I think there might be many factors in play, but it's always fun starting from objective data and trying to read a pattern or meaning from numbers.
Do you guys think that would it be correct to say that over time (since the old map was 2017) people got used to 1) more refined maps on average, 2) different playstyles (like PAC and CSM) which make them like classic (or semi-classic) gameplay a bit less? (Then some people might have played both maps, and remember the old version and giving a lesser vote to the new one considering it a repost, although I don't think that's very relevant as far as the average goes)
Since the new map was played (and voted) by less people, I also mainly think that people playing nowadays are mostly fan of the game who have played many many maps and so their standards are higher.
Then as for the map itself, judging from the completion times, it might be that some considered it a slog. If you complete the map in 25 minutes, or in 2,5 hours, the resulting experience is very different and the enjoyment may vary greatly from person A to person B.

It would be great to have some feedback from someone who didn't like the map much, to understand the different points of view :)

In any case, thanks to everyone who played it :) I'll work on a second map in the next weeks, hopefully.

Riskbreaker

i dont remember my completion time, gonna check it again...

the moving inhibitor made things easier than hard for me, because he stopped right at a point i had control and i just immediatlly nullified him...is his movement random?

DeSangre

Not really random actually. But the enemy boss is a madman, and won't calculate if where he moves is more or less threathening to him.

At the same time, if the boss moves to a place you already control, then it means that you've already taken control of a good part of the map, and at that time being able to kill him should feel like "deserved" anyway.
Of course, your impression might be different depending on how you played the map until that point.
:)