Custom Map #141: packet journey

Started by AutoPost, September 03, 2011, 09:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #141: packet journey

Author: florrat

Desc:
What are the odds that if you send a packet through an area full of creeper it will survive? Play this map to find out XD

Karsten75

Let me be the first to congratulate you on an absolutely insane map!  :) Wonderful. How you did that is totally awesome and cool.

Props to you.

Kithros

I built a microrift before picking up the capsule.

Grauniad

Quote from: Kithros on September 03, 2011, 09:36:09 AM
I built a microrift before picking up the capsule.

LOL, of course you did. But it was still funny as heck to observe the little packet traveling as it did. Took a lot of careful design I'd say.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

MadMag

Fisherck

I had to watch. It took me a moment to realize how you were making it move all over the place. Awsome map, if not just because of that... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ranakastrasz

Rather clever map Id have to say. Took some careful timing Id bet. Did you use trial and error to set it up, or did you do something extremely clever?

essentialatom

Wow, brilliant! Reminds me of the user-made PF tracks on Trackmania (if you don't have Trackmania, it's worth downloading it - for free - on Steam just for those, you just press forwards and amazing things happen).

Very inventive use of micro rifts too ;)

florrat

Owh dammit, of course I should have disabled microrifts :)

Thanks for all the (positive) comments. I used calculations to time the events roughly, and then used trial and error to fine tune everything. All in all it took me quite some hours to make.

Micheal420

i followed your instructions and nothing happened at all, did i miss out on something cause i did like you said and ti did nothing

cclloyd9785

Yea same for me.  It just didnlt release a packet.

Kithros

Did you pause the game while the starting message was there? If you have even minimal times inbetween it won't work properly.

cclloyd9785

Ha.  Thats epic.

Now make another one but tell us to fully upgrade packet speed before we release it ;)

xing

wow ... just wow ...

just how long did you have to research the packet movement to be able to put this together ?

lich98

this must have taken a while spent 5 times just cause i was so ammazed... i'll go do it again
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra