Custom Map #7993: Too Many Enemies to Count (Hard Version). By: Jason Stevens

Started by AutoPost, December 12, 2019, 09:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7993: Too Many Enemies to Count (Hard Version)

Author: Jason Stevens
Size: 200x256

Desc:
Up for a challenge? In addition to all the enemies listed below, you'll find the spores on this map don't always determine their targets the usual way... This is NOT a sleeper map, but it does have sleeper units in it (see below). This is the HARD version of this map. #Spore #Runner #Sleeper-Strafer #Sleeper-Beam #Pump #Aether-Factory #Heavy-Creep #Flip-Emitter #Capture-Emitter Good luck!!

marvinitfox

Quote from: AutoPost on December 12, 2019, 09:08:41 PM
Up for a challenge?

Apparently, no
make that HECK no.

I got my butt kicked so hard, I made a calendar appointment to look for it sometime next week wednesday.

jasons2645

This one's pretty dang hard ;)  But the impossible version is - well - exactly that...  I cannot count how many times I had to save/load/restart/... to find the right timing to beat that one!

Quote from: marvinitfox on December 13, 2019, 03:37:01 PM
Quote from: AutoPost on December 12, 2019, 09:08:41 PM
Up for a challenge?

Apparently, no
make that HECK no.

I got my butt kicked so hard, I made a calendar appointment to look for it sometime next week wednesday.

Johnny Haywire

Ok, I feel good about this one. Required one restart b/c I messed up but after that it wasn't bad.

I can't say I've felt a happier sense of relief than when I saw the first hint of AC show up near the flip emitters.

I can't say this is the most fun map I've done - this one really feels like work. Or like you're trying to solve some global crisis while swimming in a pool of hungry piranhas. That's kinda how it feels. Not sure if that's what you were going for in this map but if so then you're spot-on.

Nevertheless, I like this map. And I almost feel ready to try the impossible version, but I'll need more potato chips first.

Thanks for making this nightmare map!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

jasons2645

Ohhh, that impossible version will require many potato chips first....  It's like solving world hunger while adrift in a life boat in the middle of the Pacific surrounded by piranhas ;)

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 05, 2020, 12:28:05 AM
Ok, I feel good about this one. Required one restart b/c I messed up but after that it wasn't bad.

I can't say I've felt a happier sense of relief than when I saw the first hint of AC show up near the flip emitters.

I can't say this is the most fun map I've done - this one really feels like work. Or like you're trying to solve some global crisis while swimming in a pool of hungry piranhas. That's kinda how it feels. Not sure if that's what you were going for in this map but if so then you're spot-on.

Nevertheless, I like this map. And I almost feel ready to try the impossible version, but I'll need more potato chips first.

Thanks for making this nightmare map!

marvinitfox

Quote from: jasons2645 on January 05, 2020, 08:26:53 PM
Ohhh, that impossible version will require many potato chips first....  It's like solving world hunger while adrift in a life boat in the middle of the Pacific surrounded by piranhas ;)

I totally agree!

On a completely unrelated note....
I seem to have my priorities right.
I managed to clean the coffee off my screen before it shorted out, but my keyboard is now my previous keyboard.

Note to self: Do NOT read comments by Jason without first putting down my breakfast.

Johnny Haywire

*Forklift delivers a few pallets of Potato chip bags*

Ok, I'm about ready. Even got a new keyboard because the other one somehow got broken in half. All I remember was getting wiped out at around 18 minutes and... I dunno.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

jasons2645

Usually, when I play a map I make and start wondering...  even with unlimited save/load/restart attempts, can I eventually beat this map?  I know it's time to make the map easier and try again.  With the impossible version, I decided to ignore that urge.  I was surprised to discover it was possible to beat it ;)

Quote from: marvinitfox on January 06, 2020, 04:51:46 AM
Quote from: jasons2645 on January 05, 2020, 08:26:53 PM

I totally agree!

On a completely unrelated note....
I seem to have my priorities right.
I managed to clean the coffee off my screen before it shorted out, but my keyboard is now my previous keyboard.

Note to self: Do NOT read comments by Jason without first putting down my breakfast.