[Strategy]Disarming guppy

Started by Builder17, January 08, 2018, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Builder17

Guppy sends energy only if there isn't other guppies when disarmed.

Try it if you want. Any comments?

Karsten75

Not tried it yet, but are you saying that if you disarm a guppy, it will not send packets until all guppies are disarmed? I'll be sure to try it sometime. Doesn't make sense, but.. you never know, it may be a weird edge case.

FluppyGuppy

Sounds more like disarming a guppy when it is alone has no effect, and it will continue to send energy. But disarming a guppy when there are several will function as expected. Unfortunately I can't test myself at the moment, but what happens if you disarm all guppies? Does one guppy start sending?

Builder17

Quote from: FluppyGuppy on January 08, 2018, 04:42:15 PM
Sounds more like disarming a guppy when it is alone has no effect, and it will continue to send energy. But disarming a guppy when there are several will function as expected. Unfortunately I can't test myself at the moment, but what happens if you disarm all guppies? Does one guppy start sending?

Yes, that is what I meant, thanks. If all guppies are disarmed none of these sends packets, that's not recommended to do.

TheNix

Sorry wrong topic

cornucanis

Quote from: TheNix on January 24, 2018, 03:44:13 PM
Guppies, berthas, shields, that's all down the road. What about torment maps where you have 45 seconds to get a defense or you are dead?
This is the kind of speed I would love to hear about.
Are there maps that just can't be won?
I usually start a map, set time to x4 and watch the creeper, if all land is filled within 1min 30 seconds, I don't even bother.
It is these maps I struggle on, is there any advice for speed start up?
It seems that on the videos I watch, 3 collectors seems to be the first decision, and mortars seem best for a first weapon.
But I've played (and failed) maps where you only have enough room for 9-12 things, and enough time to build 3 or 4, these are the maps I am interested in conquering. and a lot of these impossible maps have 5 or more spores as well...

Thank you,

I don't think this is the right place for this discussion, this thread is about a very specific strategy. It sounds like you would be interested in reading some of the threads in the board for The Outer Sectors.