How do the sprayer collection mode options work?

Started by PartyFlava, March 03, 2017, 03:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PartyFlava

The sprayer has an option to enable AC collection, and a separate option to convert it to ore.

• When would I want to enable collection but not enable dispatch as ore?
  • If collection is enabled but dispatch is not, does it ... still store the AC in the command node? Or do nothing with it?
  • If collection is enabled but dispatch is not, does it affect the collection rate?
  • What does it do if collection is disabled but dispatch is enabled?

Now, I'm not too far into the game (I just beat the first level with the forge) so that might be why I have questions about it.

Thanks!

planetfall

1. This is the only way to make the sprayer go above 50% full and stay that way. Would be useful if, say, you want to send a sprayer to a remote island, it'll last longer before you have to resupply it.
2. This will put the AC back into the sprayer's internal tank. If the tank is full, it will clump AC up on the sprayer, but won't remove it from the map.
3. No.
4. It will still collect AC from directly under the sprayer and send out ore if its storage is over 50% full, but won't create an attraction field.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

As I recall, the first checkbox enables a collection field for AC, which will cause it to clump up. If the Sprayer is at less than 100 AC, it will remove AC from underneath it to fill internal storage.

The second checkbox causes it to collect any excess AC, defined as 1 layer left on the ground, and pass Ore to CNs when the storage goes over 50 AC. The Sprayer cannot dispatch Ore if a CN doesn't have space.

I seem to recall that having both enabled will collect AC down to layer 0, and pass Ore out until internal storage down to 50 AC.

Dump-then-collect can be useful for tight situations where something must be AC-soaked but is either out of connection range or there is no space to place the Sprayer. Flying the Sprayer over it and destroying the unit will place down the AC stored within. Thus loading it up to 100 makes for a much stronger effect.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

PartyFlava

Awesome. I was thinking about them like CW2's makers and couldn't quite make sense of it. Now it's totally clear. Thanks guys!