last mission question

Started by florrat, October 05, 2013, 06:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

florrat

I have a question about the last mission, and while I try to ask this while spoiling as little as possible, don't read this is you don't want any spoilers.

Spoiler
I just completed the last arc mission in different ways, and it gave me the same epilogue each time. Is this intentional? It seems strange, because the epilogue only fits well in one of the endings.
[close]

Grauniad

Yes, there is only one epilogue.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Imposter

Spoiler
Anyone manage to beat it by destroying all those things at the beginning? Would like to see a vid of someone doing that.
[close]

4xC

That's about as impossible as winning CW2: Day 20, All Things before the Nexus Rebirths.
C,C,C,C

florrat

@Imposter: I think by looking at the online scores, you'll find the answer  ;)

Grauniad

Quote from: 4xC on October 05, 2013, 07:25:42 PM
That's about as impossible as winning CW2: Day 20, All Things before the Nexus Rebirths.

Nice...

Valley

I swear I remember reading their was going to be 3 endings not 2 on the blog..

Grauniad

There are 3... you just have to find them, They're like Easter eggs. Not everyone will find all of them.

Valley

Quote from: Grauniad on October 05, 2013, 08:14:15 PM
There are 3... you just have to find them, They're like Easter eggs. Not everyone will find all of them.

Ok. I was just making sure I was right in reading that.. And I think I might have an idea where it's at..

Nova

Now we just need to know: What's the third ending? ^^

I don't remember having any choice in any mission but the last... And in the last mission...
Spoiler
Choosing Abraxas (first ending) and choosing loki (second ending). Defeating the creeper before the nexus arrives is nearly impossible, i were able to destroy one (of six) of this generators while the arc was at 90%. Maybe there is a way, but i can't do that, it's just too hard. Would that be the third ending?
[close]

Edit: Okay, a different approach and i got the "third ending". It was hard, but i made it. ONe percent more and i would have failed. xD

Imposter

My guess is that perhaps guppies + shields + nullifiers might work, as the creeper didn't seem too dense.

There's one other mission where you can win two ways (maybe more? haven't tested snipers on the uploading ship...). When they're trying to upload all that information, you either destroy the ore gathering machine, or the totem.

J

Spoiler
If you rush all generators on Arca with a shield just outside the circle and a nullifier in the range of the shield, you should be able to kill them all at 99%.
[close]

Karsten75

J: Not even a spoiler tag?? ?? :(

Dilnu

Quote from: Grauniad on October 05, 2013, 06:49:09 PM
Yes, there is only one epilogue.

And the only one Epilogue includes phase 1?

If that's true I'm kinda annoyed. I don't like cliffhangers, also I feel like there should be some sort of bonus for finishing during phase 1.

Ah well.

Imposter

Quote from: Grauniad on October 05, 2013, 08:14:15 PM

I hope they don't involve beating all the alpha/prospector/tormenter maps. That's gonna take me until Creeper World 5 to finish... xP

Spoiler
Also, people are using a lot of spoiler tags xP
[close]