Custom Map #946: Dragon Breath

Started by AutoPost, March 10, 2012, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

Quote from: teknotiss on March 13, 2012, 03:35:03 PM
Quote from: J on March 13, 2012, 03:05:51 PM
Seems I have posted a score on this map while I have never downloaded it. Someone else is posting scores under my name >:(
that's another option
it would make sense (in a way) to cover a cheating score by posting others as fast scores too. I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE WAS CHEATING!!!!
hmm well fisherck can do it quick perhaps you forgot you played it? :D
1) I don't forget stuff that fast
2) I looked for this map in my custom maps section (in %appdata%) and the other place where I download maps, but I didn't find this map.
3) I downloaded the map and it said I've never played it (it's not stored on my computer)

Karsten75

Quote from: teknotiss on March 13, 2012, 02:58:55 PM
cobra i said suspicious.
that is by definition a lack of a conclusion.
it's an idea.
and how else am i to find out the info if i don't pose a question?

fisherck thanks for the info.
so essentially a rush mission to kill the creeper then emitter.
hmm might have a go at this again then.

By posting a honest question rather than a veiled accusation?

teknotiss

J it looks like there is something funny going on.
5   J   9597   2 min 31 sec
if you didn't post it, cos you haven't played it, since you didn't download it, wtf?
very strange.

oh sorry karsten, i forgot you were the very soul of politeness!
besides, in my dictionary a suspicion is quiet different than an accusation. whom did i accuse?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Ebon Heart

Quote from: teknotiss on March 14, 2012, 11:47:16 AM
J it looks like there is something funny going on.
5   J   9597   2 min 31 sec
if you didn't post it, cos you haven't played it, since you didn't download it, wtf?
very strange.

oh sorry karsten, i forgot you were the very soul of politeness!
besides, in my dictionary a suspicion is quiet different than an accusation. whom did i accuse?
Just stop, you don't want to end up like cheesecake.. this will be the second fight you've started with a noteable forum member on this one comment thread.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

teknotiss

well again i didn't start a fight (i did fail to spell well last post though, ironic!)
comes back to definitions i suppose, i shall try to phrase everything from now on as neutrally as possible. and avoid long words to keep it simple

so i shall restate my original post.
from  "the top ten scores are deeply suspicious
         so are the next ten really but 5 mins i can believe"
ahem "i find it odd that such fast scores have been posted for this map"...
is that better?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

J

Just posted my time/score 2:43 9565 (but it doesn't appear because there's another score)

CobraKill

Quote from: teknotiss on March 14, 2012, 04:16:25 PM
well again i didn't start a fight (i did fail to spell well last post though, ironic!)
comes back to definitions i suppose, i shall try to phrase everything from now on as neutrally as possible. and avoid long words to keep it simple

is that better?

You don't need act like we're stupid, by using small words. Just don't jump to conclusions so fast and act like everyone's hacker. We've had one that can be confirmed. Not every one is bad. Just be cool, and try not to come across as so harsh  :)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

teknotiss

wow cobra i didn't accuse you or anyone of being stupid. keeping things simple for clarity is not the same as saying you or anyone else is stupid, ignorant or anything else. just to be totally clear, if i wanted i could have typed something insulting. i didn't.
i just typed that i would try not to use long words when possible.
i haven't jumped to any conclusions about anyone or anything. have you?
i never stated or implied "everyone" is a hacker.
i apologise if you didn't like my first post.
i explained my position and changed it when i had new information.
i'm not being harsh, i was being suspicious
i don't see what's wrong with being suspicious?
i made no accusations. accusations with or without evidence would have been harsh.
you accuse me of accusing others. i did no such thing.
in the same post as i first pointed out i had not jumped to a conclusion to you, i thanked Fisherck for informing me it was indeed possible to do this map so fast.
and stated i would have another go at speed running it.
and did it in 5.33 ish.
if you read meaning into my posts that i didn't include, that is your problem not mine.
i used the word suspicious because i meant suspicious.
my suspicions were unfounded. so if the previous posts don't make it clear,  i accused no-one of cheating or hacking. i was also wrong thinking that this map would destroy the LS if i went for a speed approach.
so i also posted this
Quote from: teknotiss on March 13, 2012, 03:59:19 PM
woooo
never would have retried if fisherck etc hadn't confirmed it.
also thought that the LS would die before getting through, never knew it was so durable, i might try that on a few other maps.
thinking that this would show my change of position. ie from suspicious about the fast scores to confirming that they are possible.
doesn't seem to have worked. ???

CobraKill

That's what I got from it. And don't just say Wow, Cobra. I've already had a bad day and I don't want to come here and feel insulted by you. Just watch what you say. Don't use small words for "Clarity" It's not the reason your misunderstood. It's you fail to realize it as came across as an accusation. Think before you act, an don't jump to accusations so quick. Not everyone is a cheater, and this isn't the first time you've jumped to the conclusion, "It's a hacker." Remeber there's always someone better then you.

teknotiss

Quote from: CobraKill on March 15, 2012, 08:19:43 PM
That's what I got from it. And don't just say Wow, Cobra. I've already had a bad day and I don't want to come here and feel insulted by you. Just watch what you say. Don't use small words for "Clarity" It's not the reason your misunderstood. It's you fail to realize it as came across as an accusation. Think before you act, an don't jump to accusations so quick. Not everyone is a cheater, and this isn't the first time you've jumped to the conclusion, "It's a hacker." Remeber there's always someone better then you.
i have posted that i now know that this map is achievable in a short time and a statement that my suspicions were unfounded.

Quote from: teknotiss on March 13, 2012, 03:35:03 PM
Quote from: J on March 13, 2012, 03:05:51 PM
Seems I have posted a score on this map while I have never downloaded it. Someone else is posting scores under my name >:(
that's another option
it would make sense (in a way) to cover a cheating score by posting others as fast scores too. I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE WAS CHEATING!!!!
hmm well fisherck can do it quick perhaps you forgot you played it? :D

well i'm sorry you had a bad day. don't threaten me. i have stated repeatedly that i accused no-one. you accused me, repeatedly, of accusing people.
you didn't like the way i stated my post. ok
i changed my position.
you keep on at me.
why?

CobraKill

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped.

J

Someone asked me to send
Quote from: J on March 15, 2012, 02:53:08 AM
Just posted my time/score 2:43 9565 (but it doesn't appear because there's another score)
to VirgilW. The reason why I don't do that: Everybody can post scores under a different name, and if someone else posts a better score under your name, your own score won't appear.

Just posted a better score so it's now my own score (2:14)

RichieRich

Quote from: teknotiss on March 14, 2012, 04:16:25 PM

is that better?

Mmm ya. But you neglected to quote your next line

a question for the mods... is there a ban on cheaters?

That's fairly accusatory. This was after the other day you called a whole bunch of people cheaters which annoyed me to the extend I did a utube to show how it was possible. Chillax and practice.

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon