Custom Map #946: Dragon Breath

Started by AutoPost, March 10, 2012, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #946: Dragon Breath

Author: Houlian

Desc:
Hello. This is my second map, so please realize that I am not a pro map maker yet. You have landed on one of the moons orbiting jupiter. Unfortunately once you arrive, you are met with a very mean beast. The dragon is capable of firing dragonbreath shots from deep within his chest. At the bottom of the map you will find your command ship. Take note of the shield boxes, for the small spaces within the shields are some of the long lost anti-loki weapons. There are 4 weapons total. The two bigger boxes need anti-creeper makers inside of them so they can charge the huge anti-loki weapon at the top of the map. The two smaller boxes are sub-weapons, one of them fires anti-creeper to combat the dragons fiery breath, and the other shoots a scatter bomb above the loki-enraged dragon. All weapons fire automatically, and they are timed. Once you have inserted some anti-creeper makers inside of the weapon compartments, you can move in for the kill while the anti-loki mega-gun at the top of the map helps you.

teknotiss

ok how is it possible to get a 61 health emitter killed in less than 5 mins??
the top ten scores are deeply suspicious
so are the next ten really but 5 mins i can believe
a question for the mods... is there a ban on cheaters?
author loved the concepts good map keep it up! (maybe a little more threat at the start)
7/10
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Ebon Heart

None of the top scores are hacked. I know that fitz is an honest player, and Fisherck was the first one to get such a time.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

teknotiss

well i said suspicious
how do you kill a 61 emitter in such a short time?
do you forget the AC maker weapons and charge the LS up asap hover over the emitter build TONS of weapons and win?
cos if it's that simple i'll have another go
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Ebon Heart

I can't figure it out, I just know it's possible. :P I'm guessing it involves building huge amounts of nullifiers at one time, but idk.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CobraKill

Quote from: teknotiss on March 12, 2012, 05:44:12 PM
well i said suspicious
how do you kill a 61 emitter in such a short time?
do you forget the AC maker weapons and charge the LS up asap hover over the emitter build TONS of weapons and win?
cos if it's that simple i'll have another go

Why do you jump to conclusions so fast. Fisherck is an amazing player, he can probably do better then some do the hackers. :P
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Fisherck

I can assure you it is quite possible. With unlimited energy, one can use all 20 available spaces for a nullifier (the area that the nullifier is in range of the emitter) to take out that 61 health emitter in just over three sets. :)

If I remember correctly, the majority of the 2:40 I spent on this map was clearing the creeper so I could nullify the emitter. It doesn't take a nullifier long at all to do it's job.

EDIT: And I can personally vouch for others ahead of me on ths map. Those time are quite possible too. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

teknotiss

cobra i said suspicious.
that is by definition a lack of a conclusion.
it's an idea.
and how else am i to find out the info if i don't pose a question?

fisherck thanks for the info.
so essentially a rush mission to kill the creeper then emitter.
hmm might have a go at this again then.

J

Seems I have posted a score on this map while I have never downloaded it. Someone else is posting scores under my name >:(

fitz

Quote from: Fisherck on March 12, 2012, 11:56:11 PM
I can assure you it is quite possible. With unlimited energy, one can use all 20 available spaces for a nullifier (the area that the nullifier is in range of the emitter) to take out that 61 health emitter in just over three sets. :)

If I remember correctly, the majority of the 2:40 I spent on this map was clearing the creeper so I could nullify the emitter. It doesn't take a nullifier long at all to do it's job.

EDIT: And I can personally vouch for others ahead of me on ths map. Those time are quite possible too. :)

Like he says. The key to me was using shields to make shore packets didn't get disrupted as you move the LS to the top and a hundred plus launchers to clear the path to the CBs which allow you to clear around the emitter and the buried creeper. There aren't many things in life better than getting a higher score than Fisherck  8)

fitz

Quote from: Ebon Heart on March 12, 2012, 03:22:14 PM
None of the top scores are hacked. I know that fitz is an honest player,

How sweet, will you tell my Mum please  :-*

teknotiss

Quote from: J on March 13, 2012, 03:05:51 PM
Seems I have posted a score on this map while I have never downloaded it. Someone else is posting scores under my name >:(
that's another option
it would make sense (in a way) to cover a cheating score by posting others as fast scores too. I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE WAS CHEATING!!!!
hmm well fisherck can do it quick perhaps you forgot you played it? :D

teknotiss

woooo
never would have retried if fisherck etc hadn't confirmed it.
also thought that the LS would die before getting through, never knew it was so durable, i might try that on a few other maps.

CobraKill

Quote from: teknotiss on March 13, 2012, 02:58:55 PM
cobra i said suspicious.
that is by definition a lack of a conclusion.
it's an idea.
and how else am i to find out the info if i don't pose a question?

fisherck thanks for the info.
so essentially a rush mission to kill the creeper then emitter.
hmm might have a go at this again then.

"How do you get those times?"

To me it sounded like you were implying those times are hacked. Yes I read suspicious but it still sound like your implying those scores are hacked. Being here for a year I've learned that of there on the forums they probably aren't hacking, especially ones I know. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just... curious.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

teknotiss

ah well, my suspicions come from a poster, who, on the "impossible code maps" thread, admitting to cheating. page 28 i think.
and no worries, i'm new, you don't know how i use language. i'm pretty literal.
ie "rocks are hard, dark is dark, if you start messing around with things like that you're in trouble" (Dwarfs, Terry Pratchett i thinks it's from Guards Guards) :D
i don't know how many people have cheated at maps (having had another go in 5.33 i can confirm fast times are possible here too), but some maps seem really unlikely. on this map it was because i had no idea the LS could survive in the creeper for long enough.
still don't think i can get <3 mins on this one though.
i suppose i'll have to play on slow speed and try to be a precision timing player. :-\