Custom Map #6956: Nyctophobia. By: kajacx

Started by AutoPost, January 06, 2019, 09:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6956: Nyctophobia

Author: kajacx
Size: 150x100

Desc:
"Evil creeper lurks in the darkness surrounding your base, only the lighthouses pave the way and cast away the shadows." Nyctophobia (the fear of the dark) is just an example map of the new "fog of war" mechanic I have created, I will be creating a template soon. Thanks to Grabz for helping me with testing the map. #CRPL #FogOfWar

D0m0nik

I like the idea but not a fan of the yellow glow of the lighthouses, made me feel a bit ill.

Weasee

Cool idea - I have been thinking whether a similar idea could be applied to the CSM maps - you can only see where the AC is or something.
But I agree with D0m0nik - the yellow glow is a bit dim; could be brighter where the map is lit.

Helper

Great concept that really threw me for the first map of the day. Once I got started, it was fun all the way through.
BTW - that nice soft color was a real relief on these old eyes.
Thanks,
H

addestroyer

Don't know if it was just me, but I found that the startup cost for the map was pretty high.  Took me dang near half the map to get out of energy deficit.

Basically, I think the energy draw of the lighthouses could use some more balancing, but I'm also willing to accept that maybe I'm just not very good.
On that same note, it might be kinda nice to be able to disable lighthouses, to decrease the energy draw.

It would also be interesting to have different size/strength lighthouses with proportional energy draw. i.e. bigger lighthouses draw more power

All said, very cool concept and fun map!

BilboGCL

@addestroyer, I found that the map got way easier once you clear the sw corner pretty fast.

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

Helper

Quote from: BilboGCL on January 13, 2019, 03:24:32 PM
@addestroyer, I found that the map got way easier once you clear the sw corner pretty fast.

Greetings from The Shire!

Spoiler
After a couple of failures starting in the center, I restarted down in that sw corner (bottom left) and had a good run.
[close]