Started by AutoPost, September 05, 2011, 10:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #161: checkmate :D

Author: OODIE

Desc:
checker/chessboard

Fisherck

I must of missed the point of this map. What is it? By building a blaster, I managed to drop my score by about .5 seconds. That's about all you can do... :(
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

oodie

well this map is more to look at...i might make differant ones like this exept there will be more creper than anti...

knucracker

Oodie,
I notice that your maps are being made with an older version of the map editor.  Be sure to download the latest version of the editor for the latest features and bug fixes.

Kithros

Quote from: Fisherck on September 06, 2011, 08:57:09 AM
I must of missed the point of this map. What is it? By building a blaster, I managed to drop my score by about .5 seconds. That's about all you can do... :(

I think it's possible if you positioned everything properly and microed packets well to very slightly improve on that time by building 2 repulsors, but it's too tedious for my tastes.

Fisherck

Quote from: Kithros on September 06, 2011, 10:18:50 PM

I think it's possible if you positioned everything properly and microed packets well to very slightly improve on that time by building 2 repulsors, but it's too tedious for my tastes.

I had already tried the repulsers. But that didn't help me... :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Fisherck on September 06, 2011, 10:29:48 PM
Quote from: Kithros on September 06, 2011, 10:18:50 PM

I had already tried the repulsers. But that didn't help me... :)
Don't question the mighty Kithros, he knows all. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kithros

I managed to reduce the time by 0.4 seconds - I actually ended up using 1 blaster and 1 repulsor instead of 2 repulsors (and I made sure to only send 1 ammo packet to the blaster)