Custom Map #94: Cubic 2

Started by AutoPost, August 27, 2011, 12:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #94: Cubic 2

Author: J

Desc:
Cubic is back with more creeper, more drones and more fields!

TonyP2000

Good use of fields, though there is way too much creeper in the bottom middle cube. I haven't beat it yet since I am still trying to slog through it. It does not make the map harder or more fun, it just bogs things down.  >:( Keep that in mind for next time.

Still, other then that, the other cubes look fun, and I want to clean them out, just after I finish the bottom middle box.
Vote Tony!

Ebon Heart

This map kinda scared me... But you need to remember, if the creeper doesn't challenge your starting position, or take up necessary building space... Or slow you down from saving, say, a capsule, it just makes the map more of a slog.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Fisherck

I loved this map. You managed to redo Cubic in a way that is similar to the first, but entirely different. ;) And thank you for adding more ore. That is probably the one thing I did not like about the first one. ;D
At best, I was attacking three rooms at one time. Great map! Keep it up. 8)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

J

I captured the cubes around the bottom middle cube and did the remaining 2 while shooting. After that I opened the middle chamber and won! It's just a bit multitasking.

crazyone76

gj on a good map
at first I was like : o god.. a cubic clone
but I played it anyway and it looked pretty hard
but... it actualy was not really hard
still gj ;D
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katra

I ended up shooting into the center square from three sides (plus launchers in the part of the center not occupied by creeper, ground, shields, etc) courtesy of launchers firing through micro rifts.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

iycgtptyarvg

I cleared all the rooms except for the single 2000M creeper in the center room. How do I defeat it?

J

The same way how you cleared the original cubic bonus mission. Put some shields and tons of launchers around it. Don't forget to save before you open it.

iycgtptyarvg

Quote from: J on September 27, 2011, 05:41:52 AM
The same way how you cleared the original cubic bonus mission. Put some shields and tons of launchers around it. Don't forget to save before you open it.
Bah, that is boring. It's a shame people make maps less fun by overdoing the creeper.

Fisherck

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on September 29, 2011, 06:24:44 PM
Bah, that is boring. It's a shame people make maps less fun by overdoing the creeper.
And this is one of the most fun ones that does it.:) Anyways, it is called Cubic. You gotta have a lot of creeper in one space to be able to replicate it correctly.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

J

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on September 29, 2011, 06:24:44 PM
I think I'm going to limit the shields the next time I make something like this

MadMurphy

This was an interesting map. The room full of drones is a little intense when first looking at the map but aren't much of an issue once upgraded.

The Gas Man !!!

hey!J you are doing a very good advice and I hope you give me one or two tricky thing:)