Screenshots and Videos

Started by knucracker, September 10, 2016, 03:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadeOfRed

That map is up!  Sorry got pulled away for a bit.  Enjoy it!

miquelfire

I like OBS (Studio as it has some nice features built in that I like, the main one is stream at one res, record at another, my upload speed is a potato... Anyway, I think for just capturing video from the game without other fancy stuff, classic can be used just as well)

I once used Fraps, but for the times I would have used that (fullscreen games mainly, OBS requires too much setup to get that working), I actually use nVidia's ShadowPlay. Requires the right kind of hardware (oh hey, OBS can use that hardware as well, so my CPU is not hit too hard when both streaming and recording)

FishintehPond

Quote from: newcreeper on September 21, 2016, 11:19:36 PM
Well the good thing is that you will definately run the mission different than everyone else but you get an idea of the mission.  I can watch all the gameplay in the world but things won't sink in untill i'm playing it myself.

Devil505

Then if I watch someone's video of a story map, then I'll just do it his way, and maybe even have it up at the same time to help me if I get stuck.

Nicant

R.I.P XD

Edit: I can also safely say that this will not be in any of my maps. (I hope)

Spoiler
[close]
CW4 hype!!

Cavemaniac

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

GoodMorning

Looking at that, I think three things:
1. Running on reasonable hardware.
2. Ship spawner with limit increased?
3. Different colours for friendly/opposing missiles might be nice.

I also think a fourth:
4. We're going to need a bigger gun...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Qwerty Quazo

Having fun with custom ships. Some of them don't even need energy resupply due to their reactors.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

GoodMorning

Reactors are expensive to add, often, but can pay for themselves on many maps, especially those with tight energy constraints.

Maps can be played, if you are so inclined, with a custom fleet, so building a powerhouse ship on an energy-deficit map can be a good way to beat it, if the ship is completed in time.

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 24, 2016, 09:59:50 AM
If the ship is completed in time.

True. Those big ones took around 2100 seconds only to build the command module. But they do require 0 energy to fully operate.

GoodMorning

Challenge: A map which contains as a standard fleet no energy mines, but one small pre-built ship, equipped with reactor and port modules. Progressive scaling-up.

Darkmega

is that... an enemy HQ I see, Qwerty? O_o' Does it teleport around when killed and try to backdoor your stuff? Someone get planetfall on that. xD

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: Darkmega on September 25, 2016, 12:49:23 PM
is that... an enemy HQ I see, Qwerty? O_o'

Yep.

Quote from: Darkmega on September 25, 2016, 12:49:23 PM
Does it teleport around when killed and try to backdoor your stuff?

I was experimenting on that... Nothing special :( Neither enemy production at 0 nor warp out and in again.

ShadeOfRed

Well, tomorrow should be release day I believe.  So...I have made another two videos for you to watch, it's a long one so I split it in two to make it maybe easier to watch.  Enjoy!

Again the playlist is here.  :)

BackslashNetYT

I'll start. Post your vids here as long as there's no other topic for it.  :D If I didn't see one that already existed, give me a link to it and I'll post there too.

We're long time fans of Creeper World III and we just now found this corner of the Internet. Hello everyone! I'll be around here from now on.  :)

We were also 7th on the high scores of the 1st level of PFE for a while, not sure if we still are though.

Also just now saw the main vid topic, posted there instead, please remove this! I'm so new here lol

BackslashNetYT

Hello everyone! We're long time fans of Creeper World III and we just now found this corner of the Internet. We'll be around here from now on.  :)

We were also 7th on the high scores of the 1st level of PFE for a while, not sure if we still are though.