No .exe file in CW2Editor download on 4/1/18

Started by CenturionsofRome, April 01, 2018, 06:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CenturionsofRome

So I downloaded the CW2Editor from the site linked from this board, but the .zip file I got (CW2Editor-0439) doesn't have any install or exe files, so I cant use the editor!
Can someone please direct me to an actual version?

Builder17

File here isn't zip, it's adobe air installer file. https://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/mapeditor.php

Can you confirm zip you got was from there?

CenturionsofRome

Karsten75

Well, then you must have done something wrong on the download. On the site, it's a .air file.

When I download it, it wants to be saved as a .air file.

Of relevance is thios on the download page:

QuoteAfter you download the map editor, just double-click to install it. The editor requires Adobe AIR, but you will already have this installed since you already have the game installed.

CenturionsofRome

Karsten75

Karsten75

overwrite the suggested .zip with .air.

.air is actually a .zip with all the files the AIR installer needs.

CenturionsofRome

Karsten75

OK, you really pranked me. Happy 1st of April. :)

CenturionsofRome

I'm not pranking you, unless someone is also pranking me. I click on the link, I get a .zip folder, which when uncompressed doesn't have an .exe or .air file.

Karsten75

rename it to .air. Regardless of whether it is a folder or a file. (and incidentally, you called it a file in your first post. )
Quote from: CenturionsofRome on April 01, 2018, 06:02:18 PM
So I downloaded the CW2Editor from the site linked from this board, but the .zip file I got (CW2Editor-0439) doesn't have any install or exe files, so I cant use the editor!
Can someone please direct me to an actual version?

CenturionsofRome

And then what? How would that make it install?

Karsten75

GoodMorning

Quote from: CenturionsofRome on April 02, 2018, 01:10:07 AM
And then what? How would that make it install?

I think - and I can't be sure, not having done it - that it will, somehow. If that is the case, then K75's instructions were quite clear. If not, then I'm also at a loss.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.