Steam Trading Card

Started by Tjgalon, June 25, 2014, 11:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asbestos

For $2,000 I'll build you one that goes to 12.

thejoe66

I don't think we should go over 10 cards i'm pretty sure if a game has more then 10 cards it could start to unbalance the steam trading card system entirely.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Crimson King

The trading card system is already unbalanced. Why does one have to be a certain level to have a chance to get booster packs? Why does the system allow multiples of the same card to drop when the player doesn't even have the base badge?

Trading cards are a neat idea but the system is inherently flawed for those who are low level and don't want to or have the funds to buy cards just to craft a badge.

thejoe66

Quote from: Crimson King on June 28, 2014, 02:04:08 PM
The trading card system is already unbalanced. Why does one have to be a certain level to have a chance to get booster packs? Why does the system allow multiples of the same card to drop when the player doesn't even have the base badge?

Trading cards are a neat idea but the system is inherently flawed for those who are low level and don't want to or have the funds to buy cards just to craft a badge.
The system is in no way flawed it was made like this on purpose so that steam makes money. Of course your going to get multiple card drops that forces you to either sell the card or trade just like in the real world when you go buy some cards at target, there is a reason there called trading cards.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion