Steam Trading Card

Started by Tjgalon, June 25, 2014, 11:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjgalon

I am unsure how easy or hard something like this is, but I was wondering if there were any plans? Mostly I would like to complete a set and post it as a badge.

Mefi

Would be nice to have it.

Should be easy to do as steam gets tons of cash from badges.

thejoe66

doesn't the developer make 1 cent for each card sold as well?
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Tjgalon

I guess there could be 10 cards, the 8 weapons, and 2 weapon titans, hehe. or even 2 cards being loki and abbrais (sure i spelled that wrong)

Asbestos

The 16 civilian and weapon buildings, the Forge and Bertha, and Abraxis, Lia, and Loki.

4xC

I think it should also include all of the "Story-Specific" CRPL units, friend and foe. (Gliders, Field Beam, Pyramids, Golden Golem, Nexus, etc.)

If this were to branch out into Steam trading cards, I don't know if it could be big enough without these as well as, now that I think of it, the orbital units (CN and AoO) and map-specific resource suppliers. (Ore Mines and Totems)
C,C,C,C

Tjgalon

Most game, I think I seen has only 10, it hard to decide what would be into steam.

Mefi

most is 6-9 so 9 is good nr
hm..
collector, relay, generator, cannon, mortar, beam, sprayer, bertha, thor

Asbestos

Including the Thor would be kind of a spoiler, though. Replace that with the Forge, maybe.

thejoe66

I have to agree with 4xC i think it would be cool to have that cards have story specific items
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Tjgalon

I figure the 8 weapons would at least be good, and then at least the main character that were supposed to be, so that could be 9.

Grayzzur

Can't be all weapons. I'd like to see a Spore Card and a Guppy Card!
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Asbestos

But does it have to be 8-9? We could have all 16 buildings plus Forge and Bertha, Abraxis and Lia, Emitters, Spore Towers, AETs, Runner Nests, and Inhibitors, as well as Spore, Runner, Glider, and Creeper, and the three AoOs. That's 32 trading cards.

Tjgalon

I was thinking Lia be spoiler and so would the thor, after someone said it. I am not sure if there is a card limit. Most games avg 6. TF2, does have 9, and I seen a couple games go up to 11.

Relli

Quote from: Tjgalon on June 28, 2014, 04:34:17 AM
and I seen a couple games go up to 11.

I didn't know Spinal Tap was a Steam game. :P