Dr. Jones Achievement and a couple questions

Started by Nephthys, June 15, 2014, 07:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephthys

I don't know HOW MANY players equal 0.1%, but it is nice to be with the few who have accomplished something for a change. (I struggle with the more difficult maps, please forgive my bragging on this.) There are 5 or 6 maps in Prospector Zone that I cannot win. Playing all the PZ maps is how I got the Achievement, but I can't remember at what point I hit 500. Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands. lol

I'm curious as to why it is called "Dr. Jones". Is it because of Indiana Jones? Is that a really lame guess? I tried some Google searches & Indiana was the only Dr. Jones relating to exploring/prospecting that I could find. Maybe I should have searched for a Dr. Jones who was a collector?  :)

I've found some pages through Google that list people who have this achievement but I don't see my name.  :(  Maybe my privacy settings?

Asbestos

Well, it's a reference to Indiana Jones because he was an archeologist. You know, people who study old things, like fossils and artifacts. Artifacts such as AoOs.

Nephthys

Quote from: Asbestos on June 15, 2014, 10:47:59 PM
Well, it's a reference to Indiana Jones because he was an archeologist. You know, people who study old things, like fossils and artifacts. Artifacts such as AoOs.

Thanks. Glad to know it wasn't a lame guess!

Tjgalon

It is fun to get the achievement where almost no one got it yet. I not ht 500 yet. Mostly when I play lately it to play custom map or finish earing all alpha sector maps.

Xeneonic

I don't have it either, mainly due to not being interested in gaining achievements. There's only a few out there that require effort and always (In games in general) a lot that require no effort at all, such as playing the tutorial, reading "how to play", opening the options screen, finishing the first map.

It's just my opinion of course, but I don't find something an achievement until it's really a feat, or, at least something you don't get automatically from just playing. Things like sniping a spore launcher before it's built on that specific map, or beating that map without building that bridge makes for interesting achievements. Or of course beating farbor early before the ship gets built. Those are really fun.

I dislike "Move your command 50 times in a single map" kind of achievements as well. Compared to that, the AoO isn't that bad, as it requires to beat a lot of maps for it.

I usually just don't get the incentive to finish achievements. If every achievement would net a 0.1% energy generation on reactors, I would have finished most of them for sure however. Just need a little bit of incentive ;)

miquelfire

I think the Dr. Jones will most likely be my next achievement I get.

Or the Dax Joven Award.

After I get Reactor Master, seeing how I play in this zone. (My bar appears to be at 100% already :P)