Vagrant, Possible Bug

Started by 4xC, June 04, 2014, 11:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

If I didn't know any better, I would say that moving a Cn around a few times and saving and then loading that save resets the progress on this achievement.

I know I moved one around at least 50 times inbetween loading progressive saves, but it still has not popped up. I will try again to see if it pops up later.

Here's my save file from the attempts.
C,C,C,C

knucracker

In that save, your CN move count is 42.

4xC

How do you know?

I never noticed a counter that said how many times a CN moves. But I will move it around a few more times and take your word for it.

Also, does it have to land to count as a move?
C,C,C,C

4xC

How many moves does this save have?

I am now wondering if it counts every move by half of 1 unit-per-achievement requirement. (meaning I would need to move it 100 times)

Or maybe, it counts moves made since the last load meaning no departures can happen inbetween the start and finish of the achievement
C,C,C,C

knucracker

That save has a count of 43.  I can tell, because I can look at the count under the debugger when I load the game (part of my dev environment).
The move count only gets incremented when the CN is moved from a landed position.  So moving in the air won't count.  You have to land completely, then take off again.

4xC

Define "completely"

As a matter of fact, I move it every time I see smoke come out from under it. But it is so laggy, I muted it to spare myself the irritation of slow sound.

I definitely moved it more than one time inbetween each save.

Does there need to be more smoke before the next take-off?
C,C,C,C

knucracker

It needs to be in the landed state.  Try it on a map without so many reactors and your performance will be much higher.

4xC

Will it work on a new custom map, or does it have to be done within an actual mission
C,C,C,C

knucracker

Any mission, so long as you are not in the mission editor.

4xC

Done, got it after a little work on the first story map.

Thanks for the info.
C,C,C,C