Crash on start for both linux steam and linux standalone 32 bits version

Started by exostum, March 20, 2014, 08:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exostum

Symptom : Creeper world 3 linux steam version crash on mission view

Solution :

Locate CW3Launch (Default location : /home/$username$/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Creeper World 3/)

Open with your favorite linux file editor

You will have something like this :

#!/usr/bin/env bash

GAMENAME="CW3"
ARCH="x86"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./libs/"$ARCH"/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

exec "./"$GAMENAME"."$ARCH "$@"

Replace the line ARCH="X86" with ARCH="x86_64"

only if you are using a X64 linux distribution.

Enjoy your linux creeper world 3

My Work in progress Maps (On hold for now)

knucracker

So the 32 bit version crashes for you, but the 64 bit works?
At what point do you get a crash in the 32 bit version?  Is it as soon as you attempt to start the game, or at some point later?

exostum

knucracker

Just to clarify, the main menu comes up fine.  But when you enter "Arc Eternal", that is when you get a crash in the 32 bit version?

exostum

Yes this is exactly that.

please find following the Player.log from ~/.config/unity3d/Knuckle Cracker LLC/Creeper World 3/ (I finally found it)

PS : i tried to upload it but the extension .log is not allowed so i renamed it to player.txt

exostum

ERRATTA : The crash concern both the linux steam 32 bits version and the linux standalone 32 bits version. The 64 bits version works.

I am curruntly testing some things.

exostum

trying to start the 32 standalone version get this result :

[exostum_sp@localhost CreeperWorld3]$ ./CW3.x86
./CW3.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The 64 standalone version and the 64 steam version works fine.

exostum

After installing libmesaglu i got the crash at the same location than the steam version

Here comes the player.log of the 32 bits linux standalone version

nakira

roquentin

Having the same (or very similar) issue here.
Using 64bit Version wont work at all.

System: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32bit, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 with fglrx driver 13.1
Stacktraces: see Attachment (player.log renamed to player.txt)

knucracker

Try disabling the steam overlay and see if that helps.
Right click the game in steam, and select properties.  There is a checkbox on the General tab to disable the overlay.  The crash seems to be coming from the overlay, so this is worth a shot.

If that doesn't work, then you could try the 32 bit version by editing the CW3Launch file.

roquentin

disabling steam overlay wont help. I've disabled it and tried to start 32bit (my system) and 64bit (as suggested). 64bit wont even bring up the game. I again attached the 32bit player.log - looks like the issue is the same. It seems like its trying to load some 64 bit library, even though I try running the gamer in 32 bit mode. This is the message which suggests that some 64bit component should be used:

Fallback handler could not load library /home/patrick/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Mono/x86_64/./lib/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Security.so

knucracker

Run "uname -a" and lets see your results.  I'm confused on whether you are running a 64 or 32bit version of ubuntu.  Ubuntu 12.04 32bit is the exact same system I test one (but I don't have an ATI graphics card).  If you are on 32bit, then nothing 64bit should work.  The confusing part is this "/home/patrick/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Mono/x86_64/".

roquentin

uname -a:
Linux foobar 3.2.0-60-generic-pae #91-Ubuntu SMP Wed Feb 19 04:14:56 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux