Custom Map: Hard Art 1: Horsemen

Started by AutoPost, July 21, 2010, 03:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DethbyIT

Spoiler
-
[close]
Spoiler
- With a second blaster you can clear the area underneath the horse, so you can build 5 more reactors.
[close]
Spoiler
- With a third blaster you can cap the head of this same horse, giving you more space. I've built a relay there to jump to the horseman on the left. Rinse & repeat.
[close]

UK - I really hope I am keeping the 'spoiler' function in place here.

I keep losing everything at the 12 minute surge and have tried a real variety of Blasters/Mortars/Reactors.

Do you have a screen shot of your pieces when you make that 'relay' jump to the horse on the left?

Thanks
dbit

The big picture that was posted later on in the game was way past the point I can get to, so was of no use (yet).
[Edit - I'm past that now and on to the left horse. I'll call for help if I still need it.]

snowmaker (JM)

The upgrades that you choose will make it really easy or hard. I ended up not even using mortars for my time, because of my chosen upgrades.

Spoiler
Hint: Some emitters can be capped with one or a max of two blasters w/o dying. I believe that has been said before.
[close]

DethbyIT

@snowmaker (JM) - thanks.
I've been able to make further progress - still working it.
Probably need to take a break and play some different games for a while.
There is not much room for error in this series and I tend to focus on one area, while another one is going to hell in a hand basket.

UpperKEES

Quote from: DethbyIT on January 03, 2011, 04:00:08 PM
Hi Kees,
I'm still beating on HA-1 if you have time to read my comments.
I can get past that 12 minute barrier and start on the horse to the left, but then just run out of energy.

I can post an image if that would help.

Thanks,
dbit

I'm afraid I don't have an image other than the ones already posted in this topic.

I have decided to leave the forums, so you'll have to manage with the tips & hints provided up to now. Sorry for that....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

DethbyIT

Quote from: UpperKEES on January 11, 2011, 06:14:23 PM
I'm afraid I don't have an image other than the ones already posted in this topic.

I have decided to leave the forums, so you'll have to manage with the tips & hints provided up to now. Sorry for that....

Kees - I can't tell you how bad I feel to read those words.
You have provided a great deal of pleasure with the work you've done - and without question - your games were the best here.

Good luck to you and thank you for many many hours of enjoyment.

Semper Fidelis,

dbit

Fisherck

Quote from: DethbyIT on January 11, 2011, 06:43:00 PM
Quote from: UpperKEES on January 11, 2011, 06:14:23 PM

You have provided a great deal of pleasure with the work you've done - and without question - your games were the best here.

Semper Fidelis,

dbit

I would have to agree with all of that. Your maps have brought entertainment to me ever since I have started playing them. You have been very important here in the forums and done much. And I also wish you well.

Sincerely,

Fish
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Quote from: DethbyIT on January 11, 2011, 06:43:00 PM

Semper Fidelis,

dbit

Quote from: Fisherck on January 11, 2011, 07:08:39 PM
I would have to agree with all of that. Your maps have brought entertainment to me ever since I have started playing them. You have been very important here in the forums and done much. And I also wish you well.

Sincerely,

Fish

Thanks guys, I really enjoyed creating these maps and competing with you. I'm sure I'm gonna miss that, see here.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview