Custom Map #7720: Pump Feedback Loop. By: Jason Stevens

Started by AutoPost, September 12, 2019, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7720: Pump Feedback Loop

Author: Jason Stevens
Size: 200x255

Desc:
Take over both bases to the south and feed AC upon itself with a pump feedback loop. #Spore #Runner #Heavy-Creep #Flip-Emitter #Pump Good luck!!

jasons2645

This map turned out to be a bit of a slog (to say the least).  I suggest trying "Xtreme Pump Feedback" instead of this map - unless you're looking for quite the slog ;)

Johnny Haywire

I love a good slog. Emphasis not on "slog" but "good". And imo, this has the makings of a good slog.

I started by taking the two corner islands right off the bat, as intended and then landed the original CN on the lower middle island and tied them together. That only took about 2-3 minutes I think. I almost lost both bases because I used some sprayers with "enable AC collection field" which kept the AC from getting to the pumps. I should've done that NEAR the pumps, not near the place that the AC was coming out. And then I walked away for about 15 minutes and my base was nearly destroyed. That made a normal slog into an extreme slog, but with the pumps you can pull through pretty easily.

Want an easy way to activate the corners quickly?
Spoiler
Once you link all 3 CN's, you can send 2 into orbit. Land a CN near the converter corner and send a few guppies to the area. They'll supply the CN which will in turn reach more of the powered emitters than a guppy will reach. You can effectively keep them going that way with minimal micromanagement.
[close]

Thanks for the map! I'm really liking your lowest-rated maps... hopefully I'll like the higher-rated ones too!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?