Freeze when downloading new maps

Started by davidatk100, August 29, 2013, 04:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidatk100

When I go to download a new map it freezes as the bar reaches 100%. It's as if it doesn't realise it's finished. I've tried reinstalling the game (several times) without success.

I've tried looking in the forum but couldn't find anything. Has anyone had a similar issue? If so, can you either post the link to my answer or help me out?

I'm more than happy to provide any additional information if it will help me find an answer  :)

Thanks. Dave.

teknotiss

hi dave, lots of people will be happy to help, but first knowing some more info will assist us.
first what CW game are you playing/having issues with?
what operating system do you use?
what browser are you using?
are you downloading them from in game, or from the website?
are you downloading them to the correct folder?
that's all i can think of for now. let us know and someone will be able to get you sorted out soon i should think
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

J

He download them CW2 ingame. You can try the alternative way of downloading by downloading them from within your webbrowser and save them in %appdata%\CreeperWorld2\customgames (might differ on OSX). The game should automatically load them if you put your maps there.

Grauniad

Try the advice given here. Stackoverflow

QuoteOn my WinXP machine, AIR apps cache such data into C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files. So while I don't have any other systems to hand, it would appear AIR uses what it considers to be the platform-specific system temp folder. (As for how you clear it, in my case you can do so through IE settings dialogs or other "clean up unused data" dialogs elsewhere in the OS, so I imagine it's similar on other platforms.)

If that doesn't help, can you post your OS?

Another common issue with a hang at 100% complete is that your anti-virus software is hiccuping in scanning the file after download.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

davidatk100

Thanks for all your help everyone. Using some obscure combination of all you're posts I was able to solve the problem.

I navigated to C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld2\customgames and renamed the folder "unreadable" to "unreadable (backup)". As far as I can tell this meant CreeperWorld2 couldn't find the corrupt files inside the folder and solved my problem  :)

Thanks again for your help :)

Grauniad

Glad you got it working again and thank you for posting the solution. It may help others.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon