Blue and white screen on Mac

Started by hawgwash, March 05, 2019, 08:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Just to make sure you have following these exact steps:

1: Bring up Finder
2: Select "Go" from the menu (top left of the screen on a mac)
3: Select "Go To Folder".  A little input field will appear in finder.
4: Type "~/Library/Logs/Unity" without the quotes.  Case matters.  The left most character is a tilda.
5: YOu should see the Player.log file there.  (I just did all of this from scratch on my mac with an updated MacOS and clean install of CW3 from steam).  If you don't see it, try just ~/Library and see if you can get there, then browse and click on Logs, etc.

hawgwash

Ok, I truly am an idiot.  I couldn't find "Go" on the Finder app.  I was looking for it on the Finder screen itself, not at the top of the screen.  And I thought I was supposed to use my personal User Name where you were showing the tilda, instead of an actual tilda.  Here's the file!  Hopefully it is still useful after all the times I've installed an uninstalled the game and demo over the last few days.

knucracker

You'll need to run CreeperWorld 3 once more, then close it, then copy the Player.log file.  The Player.log file gets overwritten by the last Unity game that you have played.  So the file you posted isn't for CW3.

hawgwash

I think this is it.

knucracker

Are you playing in a window or fullscreen?
Try running the game and pressing Command-F (to toggle fullscreen mode) and see if that has any effect.

Karsten75

Could  the origin of this issue be traced back to when you installed macOS 10.14??

hawgwash

I don't know how you figured this out, but you did!  I have frequently toggled back and forth from full screen to a window when playing CW3.  I don't know if I'd just done that when everything went wrong or not.  During this period of problems, the blue and white screen was in full screen mode.  If I went to a window, I was getting just the top Mac bar and some flickering.  I guess maybe there was a microscopic piece of the game showing beneath the top bar.  But if I clicked back to full screen I got the blue and white again.  I just now tried clicking and dragging the screen to make the window larger, and like magic everything is now appears to be fixed.  And I can go back and forth between full screen and window.  Thank you!

Just one more thing though.  I found the game I was playing when things messed up.  It was map #7035, Easter Island by stdout.  I just tried loading that map and got a message that it was created with a more recent version of the game and I should update.   A couple of other games say the same thing. Will that happen automatically through Steam?  I've always kept up with the updates but I'm not seeing any update messages now.  I did click on a very short game and was able to play it just fine.

Thanks so much to you, Karsten, and Builder for all your follow through and patience!

hawgwash

Karsten, interesting question.  I don't know the answer.  I do know it had to be in early February when the problem started because I went to the map I was playing.  (See post above).  That map was posted February 1.  Not sure when I downloaded OS 10.14 but I just googled the release date and it was in September.  So it was probably about then.

Karsten75

Quote from: hawgwash on March 09, 2019, 01:00:11 PM

Just one more thing though.  I found the game I was playing when things messed up.  It was map #7035, Easter Island by stdout.  I just tried loading that map and got a message that it was created with a more recent version of the game and I should update.   A couple of other games say the same thing. Will that happen automatically through Steam?  I've always kept up with the updates but I'm not seeing any update messages now.  I did click on a very short game and was able to play it just fine.

Check if you still have the beta tab enabled in Steam.  Correct level is 2.12 Steam.

If it says anything else, it's either the beta or the demo copy interfering.

hawgwash

knucracker

The log file you posted had this line in it:
"2019-03-09 10:17:30.794 Creeper World 3[13771:3983795] not in fullscreen state"

That was the hint that was needed.  Glad you have it fixed.

saas2813

Mac has this habit of hiding things Apple thinks might cause trouble if random users access.
The ~/Library directory seems to be one of those things.
When I uploaded the log-file for another post I opened the Termial and copied the file from its location in ~/Library to my user directory, that made it visible from the upload field for this forum:

cp ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log .

The dot at the end of the above command says "put the file in the current directory" which when you open the Terminal ought to be your users home.