CW3: Pink Planets

Started by sjaguar, October 06, 2013, 12:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaguar

Greetings,

I absolutely love the game so far.  However, I have two issues.  On the main screen, Settings, Web, DMD, Load File, Web, and Credits show up as pink silhouettes.

The second issue is that the Settings > Keys tab appears to be blank.  Though, if scroll quickly, I see ghosted images of what should be there.

I have done a reboot and my graphics driver is up to date.  Aside from these issues, game play is completely unaffected.  Attached is a screenshot of the two issues.

Grauniad

You don't say Mac or Windows?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

Check your graphics drivers.... that looks like a GPU driver problem.

sjaguar

Thank you for the quick response.  As I said, in my original post, my graphics driver is up to date.  The other icons on the main screen (and  the stars/planets on subsequent screens) look fine. 

This machine is Windows XP.  (I know it is dated.)

thepenguin

can you tell us which graphics card/gpu you are using?
We have become the creeper...

sjaguar

My video card is a Matrox Millennium P650 PCIe 128.  If it makes a difference, I am running dual monitors at 1280x1024.

knucracker

Ahh... :)
That video card is a little long in the tooth.  I see it was end of life'd 4 years ago and dates back around 10 years.  That means it is most likely just missing some support for various lighting or other hardware technologies.  You only options for correcting these issues are to try something like opengl mode, or the look into an updated GPU.  You can look at this page to see some of the command line options you can try (to force opengl mode rather than direct3d).
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

You want to look at the section for "Unity Standalone Player command line arguments" on that page.  Honestly, I don't have high hopes that opengl will make a difference...

sjaguar

Bleah.  But, that is kind of what I figured.  Looks like a good excuse to by me a new computer. :)  In the meantime, I will try the command line options.  Thanks again!