Custom Map #7734: Sleeper's Nightmare. By: Jason Stevens

Started by AutoPost, September 18, 2019, 03:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7734: Sleeper's Nightmare

Author: Jason Stevens
Size: 180x170

Desc:
This is a SLEEPER map where the sleeper gets the advantage of an incredible number of Totems, so you can be sure the sleeper will start their offensive quickly. #Sleeper The key to victory is the pumps. They amplify creep and AC.

Helper

Ouch!
I didn't lose, I got spanked and sent to my room.
When the time comes for some spoilers, I'll come back for another go.
Ouch!

RrR

Brutal. But sleeper landed in a pool of AC just as I was beginning to wonder how much longer I could hold it off.
Spoiler
Beams. Beams everywhere. And upgrades to flight speed to compensate for limited landing space
[close]

marvinitfox

Easy enough, but why does the scenario text say "green emitters take packets to make AC instead of creep" when they DO NO SUCH THING.
The green emitters will not accept packets from collectors, relays or command.

To-do, as someone asked nicely:
Spoiler

Start in left strip, fill area with collectors and the forge.
Get at least 5 beams up *before* the first sleeper units get in range.(this happens a good minute before the first spores are due, be warned!)
Build reactors, many more beams, and some guppies. Some mortars just to keep the creep from using the smaller pumps.
guppies to bottom left, relay chain across the no-fly zones, and put many, many beams down there too. You cannot allow a single spore, or strafer to get through.

From there on, simple. Just mine the ore in the south, guppy it up for processing, guppy the AC back down. And put every drop of it down the drain for recycling!

The bottom pumps will soon flood the top left with AC, which goes down the smaller pumps making yet more AC, making the entire map toxic for the enemy.
[close]

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, this is a really rough start, but I didn't like the idea of rushing to the bottom so I decided to upgrade my forge without going to the bottom. Range and as others have said - beams. Lots of beams.

The trick for upgrading without having to build on the bottom...
Hint: See all those totems to the right? Hmmm....
Spoiler
Build 2 guppies to weave through the enemy beams (in my game they only built 5) and then land the guppies where they can feed 7 totems or more. If you do it right, they'll run out of energy before health, and then get shot down on their way home. It's worth it though.
[close]

Once I'd upgraded my range & fire rate 2x as well as energy a few times, I decided to attack the bottom and it was easy. Once you get 2 range upgrades and enough beams, no Sleeper units will be able to touch you.

I really like Sleeper maps, except that it annoys me when the stupid CN lands in AC before I have a chance to wipe everything else out first. I really like the challenge of this map though - nice job!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?