Selecting units

Started by MatrixQ, February 27, 2012, 10:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatrixQ

Hello there, I've been a big fan of CW and now CW2 ever since I found the game on armorgames a while back. Really a great job you guys did.

Now there is one thing in CW2 that is often... not bothering me, but a fix would really make me happy. I take a group of units and send them somewhere and they have to fly a while. The entire group can never be placed exactly like I want, so I have to wait until they arrive and move some of them individually. Or in an attack I move a lot of units individually but I misplace one and it is flying with 3 others on top. If it was possible to select a unit from the green target field that gets occupied once you give the unit the command to move, things like this would get a lot easier.

Keep up the good work, you are awesome. :)

MatrixQ

Karsten75

Have you tried using the "F"ormation key to have them fly in a pre-defined formation?

Katra

I've often wished for the ability to select a unit based on the green target square. Sometimes where formation won't work due to ground/other units in the way and sometimes because the situation changes while the units are moving. (One fairly common situation is I send a whole bunch of blasters towards emitter 2 after nullifying emitter 1; then need to open a particular space to move a maker in; or set a nullifier.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Michionlion

This i think has been suggested before, but is definitely a feature that would be used.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

SmileyCoder

Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

lich98

Quote from: Michionlion on February 28, 2012, 10:16:11 AM
This i think has been suggested before, but is definitely a feature that would be used.
yes It has been segested before and would be used but virgil is busy at the moment.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Cavemaniac

Quote from: lich98 on February 29, 2012, 09:03:49 AM
Quote from: Michionlion on February 28, 2012, 10:16:11 AM
yes It has been segested before and would be used but virgil is busy at the moment.

ambivalence

am·biv·a·lence  (m-bv-lns)
n.
1. The coexistence of opposing attitudes or feelings, such as love and hate, toward a person, object, or idea.
2. Uncertainty or indecisiveness as to which course to follow.

I want Virgil to implement this!

I want Virgil to work on CW3!

Aaaarrrggghhhhhh!

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

lich98

-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Karsten75

Easier, regardless of whixh[sic] you want more, Virgil has a family to feed and things he is interested in. CW2 is in the rear-view mirror. CW3 is where he is going to make more dough for bread for his family and where he has more opportunity for his imagination and for new things rather than keep toying with increasing refinements of something that's already out there and that pretty much works as it is.

If we discover major bugs (like the recent gamedata.dat bug, Virgil will take time out to fix it (and perhaps slip in one or two simple enhancements like the new "I" key), but otherwise, CW2 and CW1 for that matter is pretty much stable.

lich98

-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

MatrixQ

Like I said, it isn't a big deal, and if he is working on CW3, forget I ever said anything. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Ranakastrasz

Formation move is quite useful, but does have the same few limitations, such as being unable to place the group where the selected units already are located. I suppsoe you have to, Control group them, Tell em all to move elsewhere randomly, THEN order them all to move to where you want them to go.