Issues after SQL server outage

Started by Johnny Haywire, June 28, 2017, 11:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Haywire

OK, this is pretty weird. The forums were down yesterday and I played this map... sort of. I clicked on THIS map (with the preview map posted earlier) but THIS is the map I get... (TOTALLY different map, and has nothing to do with Tanks in Space.)
Spoiler
[close]

Ideas?

Oh, second weirdness incident - I posted my score (as you can see on the screenshot) but it still says "not played" under the description. Go figure.

This topic has been split from a map thread http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21377.0

Mainly so Virgil can look into it on his return.

As an aside, yes, there was an SQL server (database) issue that has been resolved.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

GoodMorning

Looks like saved metadata combined with (unavailable) map data.

The GUID of the map will not match that which you recorded a score for, so it's not unreasonable.

Does the map register as "downloaded" currently?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

Yes, it's showing that it's been downloaded. I get the big green "play" button.

But it's definitely NOT the map that's pictured. Nor is it the fun map that everyone else got to play. It's a totally different, not nearly as interesting, map.  :P

chwooly

I had the same problem yesterday and was not able to get into forums either (SMF error?). Today everything is working as it should. I think it had to do with an inability to connect to the server correctly
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

knucracker

If a map is wrong, then you can manually remove and redownload it.
"c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\My Games\particlefleet\exchange\maps\"
That directory has sibdirectories broken up in groups of 100. Find the bothersome map file and remove it (while the game isn't running).

Johnny Haywire

OooOOooo! I started a forum post w/o even knowing it!

GoodMorning told me where to find the map, and when I deleted it and searched for it online I was able to find (and play) the correct map. And it was much better than the one I'd played  ;D

Thanks guys!