Unapproved Map Discussion

Started by knucracker, April 14, 2010, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azar

Karsten75

Yea, for all of 5 seconds.  :)

Anyway, Virgil said to let it go, the community will let you know what they think.

SPIFFEN

Plz delete this uploade : SPIFFENs Arrow 5.cwm

I had the uploade page ready and manage to send it before ready .
Sorry =(
The right game is called : SPIFFENs Arrow 5 .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

Quote from: SPIFFEN on May 03, 2010, 05:07:33 AM
Plz delete this uploade : SPIFFENs Arrow 5.cwm

I had the uploade page ready and manage to send it before ready .
Sorry =(
The right game is called : SPIFFENs Arrow 5 .

Done.

UpperKEES

Description:

QuoteSpores are very deadly worst than creeper maker. Have good air defense.

Rejection message:

QuoteI have rejected your map because the spore waves are so heavy that I doubt if you'll be able to finish the map. If you submit your own score first, I will publish the map.

The first wave of spores arrives after 100 seconds. After a few minutes the spores will come every 15 seconds in waves of 30 with an intensity of 15. Most of them come from behind. Doesn't sound like fun to me. This in addition to 3 uncappable emitters.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

UpperKEES

Description:

QuoteThe artifacts will show you one word.
Find it and enjoy.

Rejection message:

QuoteI have rejected your map because it is not possible to connect to the upper right totem behind the crazonium walls. If you plan to upload a corrected version, please note that I will only approve it when you submit your own score first, as you have obviously not played your own map. Read here how to do this: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=980.0

Karsten75

Description: ..

Rejection message:

It is not possible to overcome a 1,000 intensity emitter. Mortars remove only 4 layers of creeper per shot. You would thus need 250 mortar blasts per second to remove the creeper emitted in one second. You can prove me wrong by submitting a score for your map. Follow these instructions: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=980.0

UpperKEES

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 07, 2010, 12:57:12 PM
It is not possible to overcome a 1,000 intensity emitter. Mortars remove only 4 layers of creeper per shot. You would thus need 250 mortar blasts per second to remove the creeper emitted in one second.

It doesn't work exactly like that because a shot (mortar or blaster) also damages a number of cells around the cell that was hit directly. Attached test map proves that 5 blasters can (barely) cap a 100 intensity per second emitter (while they only do max 1 damage per shot). In a confined space the creeper can't spread, which makes blasters even more efficient. The creeper from the second emitter (1000 intensity per second) is successfully hold back by just 7 blasters (for a while, as the blasters get damaged).

Of course this doesn't mean that the rejected map can be finished (I don't know what happened during the 7:28 minutes it was played), so I agree that a score should be submitted.

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 08, 2010, 12:19:34 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on May 07, 2010, 12:57:12 PM
It is not possible to overcome a 1,000 intensity emitter. Mortars remove only 4 layers of creeper per shot. You would thus need 250 mortar blasts per second to remove the creeper emitted in one second.

It doesn't work exactly like that because a shot (mortar or blaster) also damages a number of cells around the cell that was hit directly. Attached test map proves that 5 blasters can (barely) cap a 100 intensity per second emitter (while they only do max 1 damage per shot). In a confined space the creeper can't spread, which makes blasters even more efficient. The creeper from the second emitter (1000 intensity per second) is successfully hold back by just 7 blasters (for a while, as the blasters get damaged).

Of course this doesn't mean that the rejected map can be finished (I don't know what happened during the 7:28 minutes it was played), so I agree that a score should be submitted.

The map is in the rejected queue. You are more than welcome to test-play it and if you can beat it, you can release it.

UpperKEES

Description:

Quotewell survive

Rejection message:

QuoteI have rejected your map because the only thing you have to do is clicking the continue button after reading the opening text. It is in anybody's interest that we publish maps that people will like, so please consider this when contributing a new one.

ontheworld

that level looks awesome :o... not >:(

J

Totally UNfun.
Please delete my map Creep 2 or change something. I forgot it set OC fixed.

Karsten75

Quote from: jstudio on May 11, 2010, 03:02:51 PM
Totally UNfun.
Please delete my map Creep 2 or change something. I forgot it set OC fixed.

Rejected per your request.

J

I have posted the right one. Score must be legal because I don't have moved OC in test and the only change is that I have set OC fixed (very important change).

Karsten75

Description:
QuoteAfter finding all the help they can, Odin City touches down at the forward base used to reach the fortress.

Rejection message:
QuoteThis map is not beatable. It seems not even a Thor can overcome several 1,000 intensity emitters and waves of 100 spores. If you disagree, please post a score. Instructions here: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=980.0