"Bickford effect"?

Started by Felthry, July 20, 2017, 10:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felthry

I see a bunch of maps in the colonial space that mention something about having or not having a "bickford effect" in them, but nowhere can I find any information on what this actually means. I don't think there was anything of the sort in the main game, so what is it?

GoodMorning

This refers to Runners with an AC payload. Pop one, the area gets some AC. Pop enough, and the damage that new Runners take from standing in the AC is enough to pop them, generating more AC...

I don't know the origin of the name.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 20, 2017, 07:37:26 PM

I don't know the origin of the name.

Google is your friend. meaning is  along the line of something that hinders you, but ultimately helps you. Runners can stun and inhibit you, but you need them to generate the AC.

yum-forum

Originally I introduced in some my maps word "Bickford" as bickford cord (a flammable cord for passing fire to a distance during the production of explosions).
Then in some maps I introduced word "Bickford zone" as special area with runner Nest (runner speed=0, big payload of Anti-Creeper when kill runners), where possible to generate big amount of AC.
Then was created several maps where generation Anti-Creeper in one Bickford zone and spread to neighboring Bickford zone and initiate self-killing of runners (very weak against AC).
By other words if You kill one runner then process of generation of AC spreading more and more and that process I named "Bickford effect" like bickford cord.
Finally I introduced cute "Bickford cow" as place where You can get AC ("Anti-Creeper milk") as much as You want and can use it in game play.   
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Iron John Logan

how do you get runners to be AC? is there a special code or a setting in editor?

GoodMorning

They drop AC if the payload is negative.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

Yes, there is setting in editor to modify runner payload when you double click runner nest.

Many other enemy units are modifiable also by double clicking these when in unit edit mode

Clear enough? :)