Previous topic - Next topic

TRICOMMANDER

i am in need of some testers to make sure that this map is actually possible
(i hope that was the right file)
fyi don't even try to nullify 95% of the emmiters :p
currently making insane maps..., or playing some crazy game

TRICOMMANDER

2nd version of it:
scrapped the random creeper for a nasty suprise (fyi snipers are your best friend)
and i will be tripling the creeper flow rate

GoodMorning

The first one is easy enough to get a stable foothold on.

But something in it is causing significant lag, so optimising the scripts would be welcome.

If there is a nasty CRPL surprise later, this may be impossible, but so far it is not hard. It is unusual, and so interesting.

Edit:
Regarding the second, it is not enjoyable. In addition to a similar lag problem, random Creeper upwellings are not enjoyable. If AC stopped them appearing, it would be a different story. As it is, the second map is able to be stabilised, but not worth finishing. Once again, if the lag vanished and you do not place a Creeper upwelling on AC, it would be interesting. As it is, Reactors do not necessarily have time to repay their cost, and getting a Forge up would be a matter of luck.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

TRICOMMANDER

ok thanks for the input
(i was not aware of the lag :/ ill look into that)
it might be the ghost emitters, after all i did go crazy with them...
whats the nature of the lag? huge fps drops?
and ill probably swap the ore fields for some crpl AC makers and add some nasty suprises to the first >:)

TRICOMMANDER

and as for the second im going to scrap the randomly spawning creeper and add somthing a bit more annoying, random (fake)emitters!!!
(with a way to prepare/get rid of it)

D0m0nik

Just been playing the first one. Is there any way to eliminate the emitters?

I have played for 30 min game time, bit of lag but not too bad, played on x2 speed and it looked like normal. Not won yet but at 33 mins got the sniper and terp and about to get the bertha. It is not so hard but it is a big slog but I suspect I missed some trick to getting rid of those emitters. Handy that you can land CNs by two of the totems, if this was not possible I would have quit very early on. Love the terrain though, very good use of void space.

TRICOMMANDER

updated ahnnialation...
as for the lag, i have no clue.

D0m0nik

Just played Annihilation, good game. Snipers take care of the spawned emitters which is handy making it fairly straight forward. I used the little island to go straight for the centre and ignored ¾ of the map. Once you take one spore the PZ allows an easy attack on the centre emitter. I finished in 22 mins, difficult but not quite manageable.

TRICOMMANDER

oh?
the only reason why there are so many "islands" is because i thought the siege on the middle was going to be impossible without multiple fronts to attack, and im probably going to buff the health of the emitters...
and im going to triple the spread of creeper (and probably buff/add more emitters) and make it so that after a while "messy" emitters start spawning as well as the normal ones...