Custom Map #1424: CONVERSION. By: cadecraft corporation

Started by AutoPost, August 15, 2019, 12:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1424: CONVERSION

Author: cadecraft corporation
Size: 384x216

Desc:
The map starts with only two enemy bases, but soon the entire level will be converted. CAN YOU STOP THEM IN TIME?

Kerbal Kowbell

n3s

I dislike these maps that handicap you with garbage ships. Two joven can't even remotely hope to deal with even one of those super lathe enemy ships, let alone two of them at once or in rapid succession. The micromanagement needed in this map is really offputting. I abandoned it early in.

Builder17

Quote from: n3s on September 03, 2019, 04:56:43 PM
I dislike these maps that handicap you with garbage ships. Two joven can't even remotely hope to deal with even one of those super lathe enemy ships, let alone two of them at once or in rapid succession. The micromanagement needed in this map is really offputting. I abandoned it early in.

Before starting map, there is option to play with "Custom ships", have you tried it ever? :)

n3s

Quote from: Builder17 on September 04, 2019, 05:42:06 AM
Quote from: n3s on September 03, 2019, 04:56:43 PM

Before starting map, there is option to play with "Custom ships", have you tried it ever? :)

Of course, but that doesn't mark the map 'completed' or even attempted. I could easily beat this with my custom ship loadout, but that's like saying I could easily beat this with an unlimited energy and ship invincibility trainer.

That's not the point. The tools provided as-is don't make for a fun game, in my opinion. Other people probably enjoyed it and I have no issue with that, since it's all subjective, but I don't like micromanagement (to insane levels) maps or being at a ridiculous, unnecessary disadvantage. I don't mind struggle, but this was over the top.