Custom Map #24: The Only AMP Gen Factory. By: 1337

Started by AutoPost, September 16, 2016, 12:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #24: The Only AMP Gen Factory

Author: 1337
Size: 480x270

Desc:
You're in war with the Particle Enemys just for a AMP Gem factory, the only one in the space. #MyFirstParticleFleetMap :D

chwooly

Is there a win situation here? I get the gem factory, I get all the power sources however since there is no way to set up an energy chain, I can't reach the 2 emmitters in the bottom corner. The C Class not strong enough by itself and even with Omni's having guns there is not enough fire power to get a Lathe or HQ close enough to take them out.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

jaworeq

My strategy here was to leave one energy source online. I let the red particles clump there, so emitters were left quite undefended.

Quote from: chwooly on September 16, 2016, 04:01:36 PM
Is there a win situation here? I get the gem factory, I get all the power sources however since there is no way to set up an energy chain, I can't reach the 2 emmitters in the bottom corner. The C Class not strong enough by itself and even with Omni's having guns there is not enough fire power to get a Lathe or HQ close enough to take them out.

After, you need to kill the emitters, then it's done, I can't script or anything else...

Grynn

My Strat was to Get all Energy exept the one on Top Left. Then sneak to the two Ermitter and using C-Class and Varro as Tanks while HQ and the lil Lathe gets the Ermitters.

Johnny Haywire

Sorry for the late reply... I'm just going through maps from earliest to latest and commenting occasionally.

A few things are obvious at the start and during the first few minutes of the map:

1) There are no stunners, but 4 dischargers (anti-stunners). So almost half of the ships are virtually useless.

2) There are blue particle emitters, but no way to channel them.

3) There are enemy ships that build, but do nothing. There is no threat at any point in this map, so it's not really a good test of skill. I can see how it could easily become a stalemate.

This seems to indicate that the map wasn't thoroughly planned. Especially point #1. The map itself was fairly easy. I've noticed others did what I did except that I'm ultra-lazy and didn't feel like messing with the lathe at all.

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Bovril

Hi, bit late to the party on this...

I figured the four dischargers were a hint, so I used them and the destroyers as rams to clear a path to the emitters in the bottom right, with the C-Class, Lathe, and CHQ following behind. The C-Class acted as a shield while the lathes got to work, and the custom ship added extra backup while it's energy lasted.
It took about four charges to get the first emitter down, but once it had gone, the second emitter was easy.

It didn't think of leaving a power source to attract the red particles, might have saved me a lot of frustration!