Custom Map #107: CW Portal 2 Ending

Started by AutoPost, August 28, 2011, 03:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grabarz

Quote from: Kithros on August 29, 2011, 06:47:41 PM
Quote from: Grabarz on August 29, 2011, 06:42:15 PM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 29, 2011, 04:45:33 PM
So I actually did it the right way? Lol.

No, I meant where you are when you begin the map, in that corner.
There you have access to the underground place where you can put reactors

I don't really get what I was supposed to do, but I pretty much just went straight up and killed everything - it took me 8 seconds to kill the last wave of the neurotoxin (which meant I didn't even reach the 10 minute mark)
Yeah, I kinda failed leaving the repulsors, which you probably used... I dunno.
The only strategy I thought out was just to sit in that corner, make the reactors and just hold that spot, and uploaded the maps since I couldn't find those flaws

EDIT: Maybe it's actually a feature... for more clever people to get best highscore. Hehe

Also, Kithros, be happy, you cheated GlaDOS and ran away before she could even save you :D

Kithros

Quote from: Grabarz on August 29, 2011, 06:50:46 PM
Quote from: Kithros on August 29, 2011, 06:47:41 PM
Quote from: Grabarz on August 29, 2011, 06:42:15 PM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 29, 2011, 04:45:33 PM
So I actually did it the right way? Lol.

No, I meant where you are when you begin the map, in that corner.
There you have access to the underground place where you can put reactors

I don't really get what I was supposed to do, but I pretty much just went straight up and killed everything - it took me 8 seconds to kill the last wave of the neurotoxin (which meant I didn't even reach the 10 minute mark)
Yeah, I kinda failed leaving the repulsors, which you probably used... I dunno.

The only strategy I thought out was just to sit in that corner, make the reactors and just hold that spot, and uploaded the maps since I couldn't find those flaws

EDIT: Maybe it's actually a feature... for more clever people to get best highscore. Hehe

I used some repulsors, but none of them were really necessary - after the first wave I built a launcher and a few blasters on the right side and started digging up, and by  8 minutes I had about 15 blasters and 15 launchers at both sides right where the creeper teleports with everything else on the map already dead. I messed around with a few repulsors to blow up the anti-creeper pin fields, but it wasn't at all necessary since I killed the creeper at the top of the map anyway (while my anti-creeper was just puddling at the bottom)

Ebon Heart

in creeper world maps, there are no bugs. Only unintended features. :D
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!