Multi Select Bug

Started by Ranakastrasz, May 15, 2011, 09:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranakastrasz

When you select more than one unit, and you try to move them, it works fine. However, when you try to change a setting, it only effects one. (such as on or off, rotation or length for repulsor)

mthw2vc

Hmmm, does this really belong in 'Suggestions'? Then again, I don't see a dedicated 'Bug Report' forum.

I can confirm that this does exist, and has been known for some time.

UpperKEES

Bugs should go into support, but like I said before this is a bit unclear now the support board moved. Better have a dedicated support board for each game.

Yeah, some multiple selection issues are known (in the beta forums), but Virgil said he would address these in later builds.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kamron3

This isn't a bug. I'm thinking that we told Virgil but he never got around to it. This should be a Suggestion thread so that we can get this feature in the next build.

thepenguin

Quote from: Kamron3 on May 15, 2011, 12:39:14 PM
This isn't a bug. I'm thinking that we told Virgil but he never got around to it. This should be a Suggestion thread so that we can get this feature in the next build.

IDK, but I think virgil said it was WAD
We have become the creeper...

Kamron3

Quote from: thepenguin on May 15, 2011, 01:10:45 PM
Quote from: Kamron3 on May 15, 2011, 12:39:14 PM

IDK, but I think virgil said it was WAD

I think you are right.

knucracker

This is a feature that I just have not gotten around to implementing yet.  It's a "nice to have", but not critical to game play so it didn't make the feature cut for the first release.  But, it is something I would like to add.  It likely isn't extremely difficult to implement, at least for the simple case of homogeneous selected units.

Grauniad

Interesting, this came up early before the beta, again early during the beta and then right off the bat in general availability. Does that tell you something? :D
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on May 15, 2011, 01:57:27 PM
Interesting, this came up early before the beta, again early during the beta and then right off the bat in general availability. Does that tell you something? :D
:)
We have become the creeper...

Aurzel

i second that knowing smile

ontheworld