Custom Map #2957: Labyrinth with traps

Started by AutoPost, November 12, 2018, 02:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

Karsten75

I recall playing this (back in November last year if I look at my score table).  It wasn't particularly hard, and it didn't have any hidden or entombed creeper. Simply a matter (as usual) of prioritizing, energy management and expansion. :)

isaac32767

Your creeper-fu is clearly light years beyond mine. How do you protect your beacon network with only one phantom coil?

Karsten75

*sigh* I didn't want to play it again... :( Let me go check.

Karsten75

Quote from: isaac32767 on January 13, 2019, 01:35:32 PM
Your creeper-fu is clearly light years beyond mine. How do you protect your beacon network with only one phantom coil?

Actually, that's the easiest part. Dig a tunnel and place the phantom coil near the gateway. :)

I was too slow, and this isn't winnable, but I now know where I messed up and if I wanted to I guess I'd be able to complete it.

isaac32767

So you started by digging a tunnel left from the ship? I must be dense, because I can't see any way to do that. The ship itself prevents you from removing the squares the ship is embedded in, and with these squares in the way, you can't dig at all. The only place I can find to dig is at the other end of the long stone tunnel.

a

Under the ship you can dig the ground. Keep the line with the mouse without releasing the button.

isaac32767

Thank you. Took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say. Now it's simple enough, but not obvious to me that you're supposed to do that.