Custom Map: Crazonium Crawl

Started by AutoPost, February 06, 2017, 11:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Crazonium Crawl

Author: 1111211331

Desc:
Long crawl through cranium corridors against strong creeper.

Frozty

My first post.  This is my 2nd favorite map so far (of about 75 I've played), because the way to a low time requires some thought, and then specific execution.

Anonymeus

impressive...

you should try "slow bicycle race" by Dad

Frozty

Just looked at the download screen and thumbnail. HAHAHA!  143 minutes!  Wow.  Doesn't look like the same technique for Crazonium will apply (looks at first glance like you'll have to let the green squares burn off first... just masochistic actually, not sure if it'd be any fun or not). 

I just played sandmap02 and it was similar to Crazonium in the technique I used for the best time.

Thanks for the suggestion.  If you or anyone else has any others with standing good times to beat that require some thought, I'm all ears! It seems I missed this game by about a decade... it'd be nice to have some live scores/players/challenges to go against.  I messed up at the end of Crazonium and know that my current score can be beat by probably 30 seconds or more.

I did check out CW2 awhile ago and didn't care for it as much. I haven't looked at CW3 or PF at all yet... I do like the pureness/simplicity of CW1.

Anonymeus

CW1 is the best of the bunch by far (in terms of tightness of gameplay - the others are cool too, but in a different way)

SBR is a map for those who like airbridging (see my comment there)... and is incredibly annoying. Fortunately there are about 6500 other maps to choose from...

If yr looking for a scrap over top times you might try poking the fridge via DM (but haven't seen him around for a year or two)

Frozty

>airbridging

That nails it -- good and concise. 

I started Bicycle race and have a better feel for it now.  Got the first 5 survivor pods, and then lost the 6th.  Yeah, annoying is going to be an understatement. I may just pass on this one.

Is there a way to see summaries of top scores? For example, number of top scores aggregated (i.e., who has the most top scores), or by player (e.g., how many 1sts someone has, 2nds, ect)? I've probably topped 80 or so scores now (played 86), including I think all of Fridge's starting from the back end (oldest) maps for the first two pages, but don't know if that even scratches the surface of a master list with 6500+ maps overall. It didn't seem like Fridge had anyone really pushing him to perfect his times way back then. I feel the same way once I get a first; good enough is good enough, and on to the next.