Started by AutoPost, March 01, 2017, 10:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4273: Increasing payload

Author: willbir
Size: 256x144

Desc:

Johnny Haywire

Slightly different than the original but still cool. The specials don't reset in this one (so it's better if you don't wait around to let them hit 100). Not sure why this map isn't rated higher - it has every element of the game, and you can play it straight through really fast or meticulously slow for a great score.

I like the design willbir! You always come up with maps that have unique and cool thing-a-ma-bobs. Thanks for the map!

;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Karsten75

Like Roman numerals, abandoned this half-way through. Too similar to the previous one, I thought. I did pick it up again later and completed it. There was an interesting strategy twist.

I wasn't too keen on destroying the "rain" tower, and there is no actual defense against the destructiveness of rain (should have targeted it earlier?).

So I killed the Digitalis spanning the breach - that flooded the passageways and destroyed the walls built there. Then it was trivial to destroy the far side emitters and after completion, nuke the "Rain tower - didn't care how much damage it did, I'd already won by the time the rain landed.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 02, 2017, 10:05:11 AM
Like Roman numerals, abandoned this half-way through. Too similar to the previous one, I thought. I did pick it up again later and completed it. There was an interesting strategy twist.

I wasn't too keen on destroying the "rain" tower, and there is no actual defense against the destructiveness of rain (should have targeted it earlier?).

So I killed the Digitalis spanning the breach - that flooded the passageways and destroyed the walls built there. Then it was trivial to destroy the far side emitters and after completion, nuke the "Rain tower - didn't care how much damage it did, I'd already won by the time the rain landed.

Yup, that rain tower at 100% is nasty indeed.  I accidentally did the same thing you did, though--I put a PZ bertha on the bridge to keep the creeper off my side to make cleanup simpler and it ate one wall.

darzog

If you get the rain at about 50% it isn't too bad.

Spoiler
The defense I used was to build some sprayers, set them to always on and let them cover my base (far left side) with AC.  Move two of your CNs away from your base next to an energy siphon with some blasters and mortars for support.   Then just drop it.  I lost a lot of my relay network, but with the close siphons I had the energy to feed the blasters and to rebuild the network.  I didn't lose more than a couple reactors and only took me a minute to clear everything out so I could resume my march across the board.
[close]

notr8ed

Creative map, fun to play once I figured out what happens.