Tagging CRPL cores

Started by Aesher, April 19, 2020, 12:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aesher

Is there any way to tag cores for the purposes of target descrimination?

What I'm thinking is something that allows a core to be designated as a valid target for a spore.

Builder17

Quote from: Aesher on April 19, 2020, 12:09:16 PM
Is there any way to tag cores for the purposes of target descrimination?

What I'm thinking is something that allows a core to be designated as a valid target for a spore.

You need CRPL spore tower for that, here is script that could work:

$payload:10

GetTimer0 eq0 if
0 3 RandInt neq0 if
CurrentCoords 9999 GetUnitsInRange ->coordY ->coordX
else
#Coordinates of crplcore
1 ->coordX 1 ->coordY
endif

#<-coordX -1 eq if RandCoords ->coordY ->coordX endif

CurrentCoords <-coordX <-coordY 1 <-payload CreateSpore

3600 SetTimer0

#If timer is greater than 0 -> go to else
else
GetTimer0 30 div
# seconds
dup 60 div asint swap 60 mod dup 10 lt if ":0" else ":" endif swap concat concat SetText
endif

:Awake
Self "main" "Custom14" SetImage

Self CONST_SUPPORTSDIGITALIS FALSE SetUnitAttribute

Just word of warning, I haven't tested this script so it may not work. RandInt is used to make probability of your core getting hit.

Aesher

Thanks.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to interpret the code and slotting it into my test map had no result, there was no action from the core.

What I'm long-term aiming for is building scripts that would allow for a map that;
1. Is a Creeper verses Anti-Creeper only map using Towers, Beams and Shields as primary units (with power plants to justify powering said structures, without actually providing power) on both sides.
2. Beams are either:
     A. Not 100% accurate or,
     B. Has a delay of x seconds between targets
But in either case wouldn't be fed packets from a central base, and can be overwhelmed by numbers (without needing excess amounts of spores.)
3. Units from each side take damage from opposing spores, including spore towers.
4. AC spore towers can be grouped to target specific structures.
5. Immediately after attack any excess C/AC immediately evaporates to avoid pooling.

The intention is to create a 'ship combat' map in the style of David Weber's Honor Harrington series, unfrotunately I don't have the coding ability to do this myself.

GoodMorning

I'm afraid that the inaccurate-beams are the trickiest part of this. Spores, once created, are "magic" - you can't touch or edit them. Beams will target them, and you can't tell when a beam finishes firing at one.

The three-unit idea is a relatively straightforward one to do.

Direct damage from Spores is difficult - Shields will take damage from the impact, but Beams are only damaged by the Creeper payload.

Overall, it's probably just as straightforward to create a replica of each unit, since you're only working with three types. Builder17 has shown an example, but there are complete custom Spore Tower scripts out there, and the PaC maps have the manually-targetable-Spore code.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Aesher

Thank you, I'll have a look around for the CRPL codes I need.