Particle Fleet Demo Now Available!

Started by knucracker, September 28, 2016, 10:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

I don't have the website all updated yet with a main landing page for Particle Fleet.  But, that doesn't stop me from putting the demo up.
You can get it from the demo download page here:
http://knucklecracker.com/common/demo.php

In a few hours I'll tweet, blog, facebook this link.

If you download, please post back to let us know if the download was successful and whether the game could run on your system (and what system you were on).

Xalos

Life has to stop now - I have a demo to play! ;D

DaMetaEX

Karsten75

There will not be a Steam version of the demo. While Steam permits demos, they do not encourage it (at least as I understand the situation).

harrymcb

it is asking me for an activation key? also it had an error installing, it said that "the source file is corrupted" among other things i don't remember

Sorrontis

I've been telling all my friends to try it out!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

knucracker

Quote from: harrymcb on September 28, 2016, 11:06:57 AM
it is asking me for an activation key? also it had an error installing, it said that "the source file is corrupted" among other things i don't remember

Sounds like a corrupt download.   I'd grab it again and see if you get the same results.  There definitely shouldn't be a corrupt install.  I just tried it myself.
Which platform are you trying? (windows, linux, or osx).

Karsten75

Quote from: harrymcb on September 28, 2016, 11:06:57 AM

What version are you trying to  download?  Can you re-try the download again? We can't recreate this.

Karsten75

Can those who download the demo please report success/failure? Also which platform?

Xalos

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 28, 2016, 11:23:30 AMCan those who download the demo please report success/failure? Also which platform?

Success here; Win7 64x

harrymcb

i just retried. i got no install errors this time but it still wants an activation key here is a screen shot.

i'm on windows 10 64bit

Karsten75

Can you please come to the chat for a minute? We cannot recreate this request for a key...

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/chat/index.php

Martoon

Windows 10, x64 here. Installs and runs fine for me. No prompt for a key.

19chickens

Grabarz

I've started up the demo and I've been following the tutorial. The first mission (Naivety) takes a while to beat, and when you move on to the next mission (Indelible), it's easy to forget about how to place the HQ, because it's a separate button from the other units.

It would help if more of the tutorial missions pointed at the HQ button with an arrow, so new players don't forget about it and get lost.