Custom Map #314: The First Wave. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, November 11, 2016, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #314: The First Wave

Author: Decagon
Size: 384x216

Desc:
A Taiidani Republic fleet has been assigned a dangerous task: destroying the Hydraxil Collective's entrance into Redacted Space. They arrived in the sector holding the Collective's wormhole generator, deploying a sizeable armada to deal with the heavy defence station that stands between them and the vulnerable portal. WARNING: This map will not run very well due to the sheer number of ships etc. If you cannot cope with the game running slower, then give this map a miss. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Keeper Decagon

This map was not only a chapter in my (rather convoluted) campaign, but was also a test of how many ships I could bring into an "Epic Space Battle" scenario in this game. It is inherently lacking in performance, but I'd say that the slowdown of the game gives the battle a slightly cinematic feel rather than a fast blink-and-it's-gone kind of fight.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

strigvir

Human eye can't see more than 12 frames anyway.

Jokes aside, the lack of enemy mirers and the map-wide energy coverage makes it very easy to build omnis right under the enemy nose.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: strigvir on November 11, 2016, 05:50:24 PM
Human eye can't see more than 12 frames anyway.

Jokes aside, the lack of enemy mirers and the map-wide energy coverage makes it very easy to build omnis right under the enemy nose.

Hm. Should've disabled Omnis, in all honesty, but I guess I didn't think people would focus so much on those things (what with practically unlimited energy and all). Not to mention, enemy mire spawners would make the performance even worse.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

TypoNinja

Enjoyed it, but why were the enemy ship spawners invisible?

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.